“Amazing hospitality”
Review of Antler Inn

Antler Inn
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed March 23, 2014

While it might be considered a motel, the staff here treat their guests like they are at a 4-stay hotel. I have never seen such caring owners and staff at lower price hotel. The rooms were incredibly nice and clean. The owners went out of their way to make each guest happy and comfortable. Highly recommend for anyone going to Jackson whether for skiing or enjoyment. They have a public bus stop right outside that takes you the Jackson Hole resort.

2  Thank Jacob B

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed for three nights in early March with a couple of friends. We got one of the 3-bed rooms with a fireplace. Cheap and convenient location, great front desk staff. Hot tub was fun. Def would return.

3  Thank Miles Y
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with us and others traveling to the area. All of us are glad to hear that the room and the amenities that we offer at the property were the perfect fit for you and your friends. Our front desk staff want to thank you for your comments and are looking forward to seeing all of you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

What a wonderful lady at the front desk! The room is cute with wood bed frames and furniture. It is located just a block from down town. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. I am so happy we are staying here! And they were welcoming to our service dog.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer H

Everyone here at the Antler Inn are thrilled that you enjoyed a clean comfortable stay with us while visiting the charming downtown area of Jackson. Being in close proximity to all the restaurants, shopping, nightlife, & galleries is perfect for anyone who wants to take a short stroll from their room and see all the Jackson has to offer. Thank you for your compliments and come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have had the pleasure of traveling thru out the majority of the U.S. and abroad. I always enjoy a feel of comfort and hospitality combined with the local " flavor" of where ever I stay. The Antler Inn gave me exactly what I needed and so will many others if you find yourself in Jackson Wyoming. The Antler staff is some of the best and courteous I have ever encountered. Clean, warm and inviting is my experience with the establishment. I would suggest The Antler Inn to anyone who wants the perfect stay on you're stay in Jackson. I will definitely stay again and send all friends and associates to their hotel. Thank you Clarene Law , Debby Hodges and staff for an excellent stay.

2  Thank Teresa K
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lucky for the Antler In I booked in advance and on line. Had I been a "walk-in customer", I would turn around at once and walk out.

Stayed here 35 years ago so while passing Jackson Hole this time, instead of staying in a newer property, having good memories, I wanted to stay in Antler Inn again.

Checking in into the motel office felt like stepping into the office of a local mafia. What a disarray and office mess in the front desk, the two employees were on the phone. I overheard one of her conversation with a tone of an unpleasant voice saying to a customer" that she was busy and if they want to resolve an issue to come in person".

The lack of "pleasant" face, smile or greeting along with the mess and disarray of the office and a gentleman sleeping at one of the office desks sure was a turn off! Without being asked, I was told that I was assigned a room and when I inquired if a room located at another location ie upper floor or end of a building was available, I was met with a short bark that it would be additional $$, since I booked on Booking.com.

Be aware that on the ground floor, cars pull in at late hours, idle diesel engines at the wee hours and people walk by your door until late at night, dogs being walked and barking. The worst is that the walls between the rooms are only a visual barrier. So be careful what you say as you will be heard in the room on each side of you, but worst of all you will also hear the other guests. If you are a light sleeper, don't stay here.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the end, you will be barked at "so you want the street noise"?

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the end of a buliding to avoid listening to the conversation from the room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sillyme2
townsquareinns, Manager at Antler Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We appreciate you taking your time to review the Antler Inn and sharing your experience. Thank you for bringing our short-comings to our attention. Although deeply saddened by a bad guest experience, we view this thoughtful comment as a call to action. Managing from a historic 1908 log cabin as an office is a bit of a challenge; but can be improved upon. The staff has been advised and the attitude that you experienced I assure you is out of the ordinary. We strive to ensure that each and every guest has a memorable and quality experience while staying with us at our beautiful property located right in the mist of everything the charming western town of Jackson has to offer. We hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Take care and travel safely.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed a week in a Cedar Log Room. We enjoyed the room but the bathroom area is rather small. Shower head in the bathroom is rather low for average size people, I am 5"11 and had to duck my head to get my hair washed in shower. Great hot tub and sauna !! We used it on a 10 degree day and it was wonderful. Ice machine by room 172 was not putting out ice probably due to the frigid weather the week we were there. The double beds were comfortable to me and I have a bad back, however it would have been nice to have a microwave in the room as well as a chest of drawers to put underwear, socks, tees in. For what I paid for the week it was worth the minor inconvenience of not having those two things. Staff at front desk were nice and two big dogs were friendly as well. Parking was right in front of our door which was nice on the -12 degree morning we had while staying here. Towels appeared to be new and bedding was very comfortable but the heat in the room was hard to regulate to get the right temperature to sleep. Overall I gave it 4 stars out of 5 and would stay here again if I return to Jackson again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Knights3254

Thank you for taking your time to write this kind review. We are happy to hear that your family and you had a nice relaxing comfortable stay with us in one of our Cedar Log Cabin rooms. Our staff want to thank you for your kind compliments and hope that you enjoyed the beautiful historic town and all it has to offer. Thank you for staying with us and please come back to see us again on the next journey out west!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just a perfect place to stay in the heart of Jackson! Short walk to all the great restaurants and you can either catch the hotel's shuttle to the slopes or walk across the street and hop on the bus to the village. The rooms are great...the owners and managers even better! Definitely headed back to the Antler as soon as possible!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends