“Affordable room to sleep”
Review of Cache Creek Motel

Cache Creek Motel
Cache Creek Motel
Ranked #40 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed one night in a 2 room suite during a booked Labor Day weekend. The room was clean, spacious and affordable, but nothing above that. The plumbing was very loud and anyone walking above or outside the room was easily heard. Good thing I was too sleepy to care. The curtains were tattered, and had holes, the decor looked circa 1980's. The bathroom was recently remodeled and clean. Jackson is an expensive town and this motel barely meet my requirements for a nights rest, I would stay there again, but I would rather find a more affordable town nearby that would offer a nicer room for a less. The office staff was nice and allowed us a late check out...Note that check out is at 10am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank coconutgal

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I agree with the traveler who said the property should be condemned. I arrived late from the airport with my wife and two little girls, at 12:30am. Office closed at 10pm. They left our room key taped to door. They gave us the least desirable room since we were not there to ask for a better room. By the way, the motel DID have other vacant rooms; unlike other motels that had "No Vacancy" turned on.

- Went to take a shower, but bathroom floor was wreaking of a bad odor. Turned out the shower curtain (no liner) was the filthy source. We cleaned out the tub for the kids.

- Being very tired, at least I thought I would get a good night's sleep since it is a quiet location. But my girls opened the covers and found long blonde hair all over sheets. Last I checked, all four of us have black hair.

- I opened my sheets and found long brown hair. Removed it and pulled back the top sheet, but saw a gross stain right on top that seriously looked like a poop stain.

- Here's the best part. In the morning, my wife called the front desk and the young lady at the desk said she would ask the manager (won't say her name) what can be done for us (in an apologetic way). When the manager came, I went to office. She was huffing and puffing and literally yelled at me.
"Don't tell me my rooms are dirty cause they're not!!! The same person cleans all my rooms. So what do you want to do?" After that, I just said that we wanted to check out immediately. Getting another room was not going to solve our problem.

The motel refused to give me a refund for the two nights we did not stay. But Hotels.com customer service was great and gave me a full refund for the entire stay because I am a loyal customer. Hated Cache Creek Lodge/Inn/Motel, whatever you call this dump. Love Hotels.com.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CaliforniaRamblin
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My daughter and I stayed two nights at this place. The room was just overall dirty and it smelled terrible. We would have gone someplace else except there was not another room in Jackson. My daughter would not sleep on the bed. We went to the store and bought sleeping bags, pillows and towels. We slept on top of the mattress. As if that wasn't bad enough, the people upstairs stomped around until 6am both nights. The office closes at 10 so there was no one to complain to. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. If I had to find a good point, I would say that the night desk clerk was very helpful in pointing things like restaurants out on the map. I wouldn't say it was a great value either. I paid more for this room than any other room on my vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank smd3onthego
Reviewed July 31, 2011

If you look at the description and not the price, you will be very pleased. It is a motel, and the people are very nice. It is close to town (walkable) with easy parking. It is also in Jackson, which is why the price is so high. Room was clean and pleasant smelling. As others have mentioned, there is a coffee maker, as well as kitchen in each room. (Don't mistake this for being a bigger room - it is cleverly tucked in next to the bathroom. The room is fairly standard hotel/motel sized) Good location and far enough from the town square that we didn't hear the drinkers leave the bars.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DNA_J_11
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The staff were incredibly helpful in many different ways. While we did not get the quality we were expecting based on what we paid, the room was adequate and basically clean. This is probably as good as it gets for the money being the tourist town Jackson is. The hotel was within easy walking distance of the town square and accessible to main roads leading to attractions. While the lodging was not the highlight of the trip, we weren’t in the room a great deal as there is much to do in the area. The lunch recommendation from hotel staff to eat at “e-leaven” right near the town square was great and we recommend this restaurant for others to enjoy as well. And the Gaperguide recommendation from another guest made the trip to Yellowstone a perfect day. The Sands Whitewater experience was incredible; we did the breakfast combo scenic and whitewater.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadTripMomNebraska
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I’m really surprised that there are only a few reviews on the Cache Creek motel in Jackson. OK it’s a budget motel but a good choice in an expensive location. We pain $100 a night. I was not expecting much but we were very pleased with our room. The motel is small and friendly, there are no grounds with landscaping or a pool but it’s located close to the north end of town, in a quiet position and only a few minutes walk to the Town Square. Loads of restaurants in town.

There is kitchenette with cooker, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, crockery and cutlery.

One post said they found it a problem that they could hear loud footsteps from guests in the room above – surely you can experience this at any hotel/motel, it’s not unique to this property!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TeessideTraveler
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We were absolutely surprised by this place. It is a motel, or at least was at one point, it is now the Cache Creek Lodge, so what we saw was more fitting. We met Lita, who was more than friendly and very helpful, and set us up for the night. the rooms were large, we stayed in a double queen room. There were many suites available, but we were on a low budget, but our room had a kitchen! There was an oven and stove top, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker! The Decor was old west Saloon, which was pretty unique and homey, and fitting the location. Only 60 miles from Yellowstone, and just a few miles from Grand Teton National Park, this place is the perfect start for your next Mountain Adventure!

Room Tip: talk to Lita!