“Dive”
Review of Jackson Hole Lodge

Jackson Hole Lodge
Ranked #35 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I think they need to concentrate on updating their rooms rather than redoing their lobby! Our room was musty and the carpet was wet by the door. I didn't even feel like walking on the carpet. Would rather have slept in my vehicle. Not my idea of an expensive hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MontanaBJ
Stuart L, General Manager at Jackson Hole Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Ocassionally our housekeepers are presented with cleaning challenges that require extra muscle power. We do our best to extract water from carpets after shampooing, however with the heightened pace of summer we are sometimes caught off guard. Sorry you had to experience wet carpet underfoot. Please give us a second chance and by all means contact me directly. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Check that your deposit is credited correctly on your bill!

The room was really dated and dirty. The AC unit sounded like it was about to fall apart. It was a pet room, so I was charged an extra $10 (actually $20 because I was overcharged) for the filth and deferred maintenance.

When I called to book, I was given an estimate of $153.64 + $12.29 taxes. The $153.64 was charged immediately as a deposit. However, on the final statement the deposit was listed as $143.64 ($10 less than what I was actually charged). The effect was I was overcharged by $10. Oh well, mistakes like these happen.

When I called to clear this up, the receptionist was very defensive and kept coming up with excuses like, "reservations just does that," "reservations only charged you $143.64," (not true based on my bank statement and their reservation confirmation) and finally "that's a pet fee." Fine, whatever, just post my deposit as the right amount... So I'm filing a dispute with Mastercard.

You have other options. Stay somewhere else. It's not worth the hassle and the dirty room.

Room Tip: Request that you not be put into any pet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank odessa131

Sounds like there was some confusion regarding the room deposit and $10.00 pet fee. I'm sorry that was not spelled out more clearly. At the end of the day we dropped the ball and you suffered. I assure you that this is not how we typically do business. Great training tool. Thank you and please accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Ratings and photos suggest big differences from one room to another. We had a second-floor room in the 200 building which cost about $200 per night. The room was dark with little light from the one window. The bathroom was tiny and badly in need of renovation and updating. There was a small but complete kitchen that we didn't need. The room had one queen-size bed which is pretty minimal by today's hotel standards.

Whether you think the location is convenient to downtown depends on your personal preferences. The reviewer who said "long but easy walk" had it right IMHO.
Street noise in the room wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: July 2013
Stuart L, General Manager at Jackson Hole Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do have a wide range of room types with bedding packages that range from single queens to kings. You stayed is a Deluxe Queen Suite and although you had no need for a kitchen many of our guests on extended stays find them very useful. On your next visit to Jackson please call me ahead of time and I will be happy to help you find accommodations, that fit your needs, either here or at a neighboring property.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We loved our stay in the Jackson Hole Lodge! The one bedroom suite is very spacious and comfortable, including a FULL size kitchen. It is about two blocks to the beginning of the town square, not at all bad to walk there. Across the street is a Sports Authority and Ace Hardware, across another street is the best Dollar Store I've ever been in. You can get just about anything you need there!

The property is being renovated (July 2013) but they are very aware of the noise and never start pounding before 9 AM. The rooms are much nicer than the outside appears.

There is a little noise from the streets (it is a corner property), but I would expect you'd have that at any hotel in the downtown area.

Christy and Stuart were very helpful and gracious. If you can do the one bedroom suite I would. If you are staying in the hotel rooms you may want another closer to town. I think the pricing would be very comparable to a lot of other properties, but check the amenities as most of the hotels in the downtown will not have the pool and spa that this property has.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra K

Sounds like you had a great Jackson Hole experience. The road construction on Broadway is wrapping up and the project is really taking shape. Being a downtown property, depending on what's going on in town, it can be a little noisey. Thank you for mentioning our great location. Hope to see you again on a future visit.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed two nights in a 2nd floor suite and were very pleased. The kitchen was well appointed and had everything we needed. A huge whirlpool bathtub, two TV's and very comfortable decor made the accomodations very livable. The indoor pool area was top notch with two whirlpools, a lap pool, showers and locker room. Our only complaint was the noisey road construction from 8 to 5 but that should be completed soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James J
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just spent three days, two nights at the Jackson Hole Lodge. On entry, was initially disappointed since construction in the area prohibited easy access. Shared my disappointment with Christy and Stuart at the reception desk. They were quite gracious, handling my complaint with complete professionalism. They explained their situation and upgraded our room! The accommodations were clean, neat. Close enough to sites we visited. Would return when up in the area.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that entry will be a challenge
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 4margare
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for one night in this hotel prior to exploring grand teton national park, Jackson hole is a good starting point,but I would not recommend this hotel. Checkin was very friendly, swift and helpful. However the room was quite old and not clean. The walls are very thin. It is a motel style accomodation. Avoid to get a room on 1st floor as we had, because you can hear every step in the room above due to the beam ceiling that makes noise. We did ot use the indoor pool so I can´t comment on that. But the poor condition of the rooms and lack of cleanliness make this hotel no recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family