All reviews devils tower small town black hills including tax located within walking distance an easy drive satellite tv red rock cafe nice cabin horse pasture a great place to stay stayed here for one night recommend staying here ponderosa cafe rooms are clean next morning chalet
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We booked a chalet and it was very cute. I knew it would be small (it is, just a bed, sink and a small closet with a toilet and stand up shower) and was prepared for that. It was incredibly clean and check in was a breeze. I was worried about there only being a small A/C but it got the job done. The chalets face a small stream and the view was amazing. It was very quiet. Hulett is a very small town and we were able to walk to dinner. Great location. Only con- we left early in the morning and no one was available in the front office. Also, I couldn't find anywhere to leave the key. I ended up leaving it in the room and leaving a message for the owner.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our favorite place we stayed during our two-week road trip. Very near to Devil's Tower, and on the way to Mt. Rushmore when traveling west to east. Nicely decorated room, decent rates and a quaint restaurant with good food. We will stay there again if the opportunity ever presents itself again.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stumbled upon the Hulett Motel after visiting Devils Tower and traveling back towards South Dakota. We had no trouble getting a room without a reservation. We chose one of the swiss chalet style cabins overlooking the river over the more traditional motel style rooms. The cabin was cozy and decorated to compliment its location in the Black Hills. The front porch overlooked a grassy area and then the shallow river bank close by. There is a very nice little restaurant attached to the motel with good food and both inside and outside seating. We sat outside and enjoyed conversation with other travelers as well as locals out for the evening. A good night's rest in a really nice place!

Room tip: The cabins are cute and the view of the river is very pretty.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Loved the room. Loved the quilts and wood paneling. Bathroom was very nice. Everything looked brand new. Very close to Devil's Tower. Only down fall was no hair dryer, so I had to let my hair dry curly. If you get in on the later side and are hungry, eat at the Red Rock Cafe. It's different owners, I believe, but it's nice and clean. We ate there for breakfast, but I wished we had dinner there too, nice and clean and food was good.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I loved staying at the Hulett Motel. They had great internet service and Direct TV satellite with lots of channels. It was clean and comfortable and wonderful location. You could walk to everywhere in town and it was only about 9 miles from Devil's Tower. I will definitely stay here again. The only improvement I would even suggest is to have a blow dryer in each room. They do have one at the front desk though, so if you don't want to pack yours, they will still be able to take care of you. To sum up, my stay there was wonderful and I highly recommend it!

Room tip: Rooms that have a river view tend to be quieter and the view is pretty. You don't park in front of your room, but in a gravel parking lot that is one step away from a concrete sidewalk in front of the river view rooms, so unloading your car is still simple. The parking lot view rooms are still nice and very convenient because you can park right in front of your room.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo