“Best place in Town”
Review of Bunkhouse Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guernsey
Bunkhouse Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Guernsey
Portland, Maine
“Best place in Town”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I travel every few years to Guernsey to visit her brother and his family and always stay at the Bunkhouse. The rooms are rustic but clean, ones with new beds very comfortable. Gene, the owner greeted us warmly and even remembered us from a few years ago. My one complaint from this trip was the breakfast offering. Gene had told us they improved it ( wonderful home made sweet rolls! ) and the first day it was great. I think he was out of town later in our stay and the food ( or lack of ) suffered. No orange juice at 7:30? Another day no eggs ? Surprised, but we will be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Easyed312

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I absolutely loved this motel! I'll admit I was pretty leery of staying at such a small hotel as I am normally staying at the Hilton Chain hotels when I travel, but I wouldn't have missed this experience for anything. First, the staff is so friendly and talks with you like they see you every day. That is so welcome after a long day of travel and work. To top off the wonderful customer service they provide, the breakfast they provide is awesome. Homemade breakfast burritos and some of the best coffee I've ever had just can't be beat! My hat's off to the staff and this motel, they are truly a "Diamond on the Prairie".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LSUE F
Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2013

As some others have stated this is a nice little family operated motel. Old school is the key. If you want the Hilton you need to find one in a bigger town and pony up the cash.

This place was clean and quiet and didn't break the bank. One of the better values on our 4000+ motorcycle trip. I would stay here again. The owner was the desk clerk when we checked in and he's a really nice guy. I'm sure he would go out of his way to get you what you need.

We didn't mind the board sidewalk outside the rooms but if another guest was a little rude they could be pretty loud.

There's a bar and grill in town that has decent food. Trails Inn, which is part of Ben's bar and grill is next door to the Oregon Trail bank. Again, not Ruth's Chris Steak House but decent.

Room Tip: See Fort Laramie while here if you can. It's a great, cheap history lesson. Allow 2-4 hours. Tak...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Apache Junction
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As I was touring the US on a motorcycle it began raining with no end in sight, rather just harder rain. I selected this motel, from my GPS, which has limited info. When I called about availability a room was available. From the moment I walked in I could see the charm this motel had to offer. The gentleman at the front desk was quite helpful on many suggestions. When I got to the room I was impressed, clean quiet and comfortable. The décor had the charm of a bunkhouse or lodge type of environment, of which I was pleasantly surprised. The tub & Shower were quite nice and accommodating to a weary rain soaked traveler. I have stayed at many more expensive hotels on this trip, but next to one in particular in Brookfield, WI, this by far was one of my favorites.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I loved the old motel style, like when I was a kid and took road trips with the family out west. A welcomed changed from the same old thing. But when staying at a motel of this type, the concerns are whether it is clean, comfortable and a friendly atmosphere doesn't hurt either. It is all of the above. I almost fell asleep reading in the comfy recliner. Breakfast was average but more than adequate and convenient. I recommend this family motel in Guernsey. And if you're a biker, head out on the road beyond register rock. A beautiful ride among the bluffs and you'll have the road virtually to yourself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed May 17, 2013

So...selection for places to send my guys when travelling on business to Guernsey are few and far between. I expected to be received with this kind of attitude when booking my rooms, but I didn't. Desk staff is friendly and very accommodating, allowing me to add to or take away from my reservations at the last minute.

Feedback from my guys is that the place is clean and that breakfast is tasty. That's all I need to book again and again! Looking forward to this summer with a strong, locally owned hotel to give our company's business to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean Hotel, Awesome breakfast especially since there are NO restaurants in Guernsey except Crazy Tony's. But the food at breakfast was very good. Only complaint was the rubber pads on the mattresses. Very noisy when moving in bed, but the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, overall, very nice. The staff was good and it was good to see old friends. One more thing and they are in the process of changing this - they need to remove the wooden planks used as the sidewalk, very dangerous for older people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Veronica M
Eugene B, Owner at Bunkhouse Motel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you Veronica, We have addressed the issue with mattress covers ;) and this winter we,ve been very busy up dating rooms and all property. I hope you visit us again, we have expanded breakfast ,the best biscuits and gravy on the Оregon trail. also breakfast burritos ,and as always home baked Cinnamon Rolls .We are doing our best to please our Guests. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guernsey
Comfort Inn & Suites
West Winds Motel
West Winds Motel
#5 of 8 in Wheatland
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Guernsey, WY

Been to Bunkhouse Motel? Share your experiences!