“Very Quaint and Updated Motel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greybull Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Greybull Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greybull
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Very Quaint and Updated Motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The owners are absolutely exceptional, beyond nice! Rooms are very spacious and look brand new. Wish our stay could have been longer! I really wish someone would have told us about this place earlier. My family and I enjoyed the picnic area and large wooden swing under the enormous cottonwood tree.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here on my way from Yellowstone to South Dakota, and was very happy with the decision to stay. It's a charming motel, with modern furnishings. Everything was squeaky clean, which to me is the most important part of any lodging. I ended up visiting with Michael, Wendy, and two of their friends for a while, they made me feel right at home. Michael was very biker friendly, and was a wealth of knowledge which I enjoyed. Great atmosphere, and I would for sure stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our one night stop from Yellowstone and drove from Jackson via Thermopolis on our way to South Dakota and decided to stop here because of the reviews. We had the two bedroom suite in the main motel. There's plenty of parking on the street if the lot is full since it's a quiet little town and the flower bed outside was a very cheerful and welcoming sight for this tired driver. I saw the outside chairs and tables as a nice touch for families who want to picnic and there's a nice swing in the grassy area right outside.

Our rooms were spacious and I liked the i-phone compatible clock radio chargers. My mom and Aunty would like to give kudo's to the owners for the superb mirrors in the room. They said it was the best mirrors they used in all their years of traveling for fixing their make-up.

They provided a nice little breakfast for their guests which I did not expect and was pleasantly surprised with the ice to stock our cooler as we left. And a nice touch was the windex and towels to clean my car windshield of all those bugs I smashed while driving. This is a nice location to use to visit the hot springs, Cody, wild mustang sanctuary if you're interested.

I was fortunate to see/pet their resident cat (yippee!) and he was a purrfect host.

Room Tip: I had the two bedroom suite and it was more spacious and 50% cheaper than our Yellowstone accommodat...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Heading west from Yellowstone, we came to Greybull in the evening and decided to stop for the night. This motel had great ratings, and we were happy to discover why: it's clean, well-staffed, and even has picnic tables (and flower beds) outside the rooms where we ate breakfast. The beds were soft, the bathroom looked recently renovated and the towels were softer than your usual motel offerings. The free breakfast is simple, but a nice addition, especially for how little we paid. The local high school track is a quick jog down the street (open to the public) and the town is sleepy but charming. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

After a long day of travel, my husband and I were blessed to find the Greybull Hotel right on Main Street, with welcoming flowers and benches stationed under cool shade trees. Michael and Wendy made us feel like family from the start. They had just finished renovating a small house near the hotel and offered to let us stay in it that night. It was wonderful to have our own "home" away from home. The rooms were comfortable, well-appointed, and squeaky clean. The bed was very comfortable, with an adjustable mattress. We had a great night's rest. Breakfast the next morning was family style, with Michael and Wendy joining us in conversation. If we are ever back in Greybull, this would definitely be our choice for a night's lodging. It was a memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

It's easy to think that "mom and pop" motels in small towns will be "worn" to some degree or another. NOT TRUE here. This place is fully remodeled. Our room was meticulously clean. Surrounding the whole front of the motel are hanging pots and plants filled with petunias. There are several sitting/picnic areas amidst the flowers and in the front yard. The continental breakfast (new in 2013) is a bit minimal, but it is advertised as "lite." Wendy and Michael are great hosts. BTW, they have a half dozen houses in town available for long and short term rental. I figure they are fixed to the same level as the motel.

Room Tip: If you want a for-sure quiet room, ask for 109, the room we were in, (or 110, I figure). Plus, the r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greybull, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

It was a wonderful surprise how nice our stay was. The check in was friendly and the receptionist upgraded us to "Cabin" two bed room house which has everything you need. Price was reasonable too. I would recommend staying here to anybody and will return if I ever pass by this area!

Room Tip: This "Cabin" is great for any family trip!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends