“Great Location - Good Place to Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Green River
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Green River
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location - Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

First note that this hotel is located by itself in a picture perfect location, with buttes located directly behind the building. The hotel itself is up to Hampton Inn standards, meaning its clean, looks nice, and has a well attentive staff. Our room was perfect, very quiet. Check in and out was fast and efficient. Breakfast was the usual fare, but well done and the area was kept clean. Second note, there is not a restaurant immediately nearby and Green River is not exactly choked full of them either. My advice is to have a pizza delivered and eat it on the back porch, seating available, under the view of the buttes, great scene. All in all nice place to stay and would again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank familyprovence
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Happy to hear that you enjoyed all the natural beauty surrounding our hotel. In addition to our daily hot breakfast, we offer dinner Mon.-Thur. 5-7pm, for a $5.00 fee per guest. As you stated, it is quite a treat to sit out on our new patio and enjoy a meal with a wonderful view. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have traveled most my adult life for business and pleasure and have spent close to a thousand nights in a hotel room with few complaints. Actually, I've found most accommodations to be quite nice, though I will say I'm not a budget traveler by any means. My 17 year old daughter wanted to check out Colorado State and we decided to make an adventure out if it so we packed up our car and drove there from our home in Snoqualmie, Wa. Three days into the trip, we were crossing Wyoming on our way to Fort Collins, and were too tired to make the last 5 hours, so we decided to stop in Green River and spend the night at the Hampton Inn. Not a place I would usually stay but perfectly acceptable by any standard. I purchased a king suite for my daughter and I and we found everything in order. My problem came later that evening when smoke started drifting into my bedroom and bathroom at around 9:00 pm. I called the front desk to complain and was shocked at how rude the woman was towards me. A few hours later, since it didn't stop (in fact it got worse) I called in another complaint. This time I spoke with another woman at the front desk who was even worse. I realized there was nothing they were going to do so I did my best to get some rest. In the morning, the smoke had cleared up, until around 8:00 am when whoever was smoking started up again, and my room started to turn into a bar. I debated whether to call, since it had only made me more upset by being treated so poorly, but then I noticed that not only did the room smell, my clothes smelled, as well as everything else we had unpacked. So I decided to try again. The woman at the front desk whose name was Lydia, informed me that someone had walked the halls of the hotel the prior night and did not smell any smoke. She informed me it must be something else. Now I would assume the employees would be bright enough to know whoever was doing it, was doing it in the bathroom where there is a fan, which was then drifting through the vent into my bathroom, but oh well. Since she doubted me, I asked her to send the manager up but apparently he/she wasn't there, so Lydia and a young maintenance man came up instead. When they walked into the room, they admitted they smelled something but it wasn't smoke. They did this with grins on their face like I was some type of idiot they could bluff. I'd never seen anything like it. Definitely one of those types of situations where you had to be there to understand the snide looks. Now I am the first to admit I am not mistake free but this room was absolutely overpowered with cigarette smoke. My daughter who is 17 assured me these people were crazy and not being honest with us. It is possible they didn't smell it since they both smelled like cigarettes and I am certain they smoked too. Maybe they would be more sympathetic to the disgusting smell of smoke if they weren't participants. Anyway, I was furious at this point, more for the way they were treating me then anything else. I was ready to write my first blistering review on trip advisor but as we were packing, Lydia called to say they would comp the room since that was the Hampton Inns policy. I almost didn't take it, as I am someone who believes if I accepted the situation as I did, I should accept the bill as well, but in this case, I made an exception. This would have been a 1/2 star review if they had one but due to The Hampton's Inns customer service policy, which I think is excellent, I'm going to give them 2 stars. I don't think there is anything more they could or should do for me here and want to support their policy. It was a miserable stay and I recommend you stay away from this particular hotel in Green River, but I would stay at a Hampton hotel again. Nothing wrong with the facility. As an epilogue, we found out most the customers here are men who work in the mines during the week. This explains all the sweaty, dirt covered, single men coming in and out of the place. It also explains the smoke. I don't know if you have ever been to Green River, Wyoming, but if you have, and you'd spent the last 10 hours working underground in 100 degree plus weather, you'd probably smoke too. I know I would.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Rooms are fine, staff is horrible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am sorry to hear of your situation, and was glad that our staff was able to offer you compensation. The hotel policy is no smoking, and we do our best to follow this rule. My apologies for the inconvenience, and safe travels for you in the future.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2014

While not centrally located, it's tucked in next to the edge of the Flaming Gorge Recreation Area and has some great views. Check-in was speedy, the room was well appointed and quiet. The only negative was the WiFi being rather sluggish but overall a great stay and with the discount I got, would certainly stay again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is surrounded by natural beauty, while near highway access. The view of the "tea pot & sugar bowl" rock formations from our new rear patio while relaxing are among the best. Thank you for taking the time to write the review for us.
Green River, WY, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Best value hotel I've stayed at in awhile. Extremely clean facility, everything was done very nice. Great breakfast. Excellent view outside the hotel window of the buttes. Staff was very nice and helpful. Great location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The natural beauty of the surrounding area along with our excellent staff is ours to share with our guests. The new patio off the rear is a wonderful area to relax, or enjoy the dinner we serve Mon.-Thur. 5-7pm, for a $5.00 fee per guest. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Crescent City, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Excellent service, really appreciated the dinner meal and breakfast, would like to have had a bike in fitness center, great walk out the front door, love the outdoor eating arrangement on the patio, beautiful setting. Will plan to stay here again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Georgetown, California
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Staff was extremely friendly. If you stay, be aware that the back patio facing the great rocks is subject to party noise and cigarette smokers. But the room was absolutely wonderful and spacious, clean and comfortable, and I would stay again - just on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Jackson, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a great hotel. Comfortable and clean. I liked the location away from town but only 2 minutes on the clock from the hotel to the court house. The staff did everything they could to accommodate us. Only issue was their printer needed ink and paper, not a big deal. I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Little America Hotel
Little America Hotel
#1 of 1 in Little America
My Place Hotel - Rock Springs, WY

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Green River? Share your experiences!