“Nice hotel inconsistent service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Green River
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Green River
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Green River Hampton for nearly a year while working in the Green River Wyoming area. It's one of two Hamptons nationwide that has a lounge and they also served an evening meal Monday thru Friday.
My issue was with the thermostats in the room. They could never get them to work properly, so you were either too hot or too cold. There didn't seem to be any middle ground.
The staff was great and the hotel is new and has very spacious rooms. Temperautre control was the only big issue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Mexico805, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments and your loyalty. As you know, we have many guests who visit us on an extended stay basis and we appreciate this in view of the many choices available. We are well aware of the thermostat issue. These are wireless thermostats that control the in-wall PTAC units. The problem is if the line-of-site between the two units is interupted they cease working. Unfortunately that happens all to often. We have proposals on hand to hard wire these units and the manufacturer and just provided an upgrade they believe we solve the problem. We are testing the upgrade right now.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very clean..Very friendly staff...Overall very satisfactory hotel. The best one in Green River, Wyoming. We did not have reservations but we were treated very good. We were put into a room even before check in time, which was very nice for we were very tired from driving. It was very quiet even though it is located close to the I80 interstate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We'll be happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Hampton had a beautifully decorated large room, bright and clean bathroom with walk-in shower, extremely comfortable bed, large clean breakfast area with many choices, helpful staff, and in a beautiful site.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mexico805, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your visit. I will enjoy sharing your comments with our team.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

i would highly recommend this property to everyone that is traveling rooms are beautiful they have all the amenities great night of sleep on extremely comfortable beds very easy access to hotel from highway best comp hot breakfast on our trip great variety of hot foods fruits drinks a coffee bar with a great selection of coffees and creamers this hotel couldnt have offered anything better than they do

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feed back. Our breakfast team in particular works hard to provide a tasty meal and they will appreciate hearing your comments.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I checked into my room and was told that the room did have a microwave and a fridge,Which was needed due to the length of my stay. When I got into the room there wasn't anything like that. I returned to the lobby and then i was told none was available. As a gold member of Hilton, most of all the chains will accommodate your requests or at least make arrangements to make your stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel has not offered anything to help me out in this respect. They lied to me at check in and then when confronted about it all they could say was sorry.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard S

I think we have a failure to communicate here. Our desk clerk is emphatic that you were told there was not a refrigerator or microwave in this room and offers a compelling response: "Why would I lie about it? I'd obvously have to deal with the guest a few minutes later if I did that." Let's call the conversation at check in an honest miscommunication. As a Hilton Gold Member you know that you are eligible for upgrades but you also understand those are subject to availability. As you probably know, this hotel runs very high occupancy and no rooms with refrigerators and microwaves were available for your visit. It's possible to reserve those accomodations and not run the risk of them not being available as an upgrade and that's a suggestion we would make in the future if these features are an important part of your visit. Incidentally, current plans are to furnish the entire hotel with refrigerators and microwaves later this year.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have our daughter's birthday party at the hotel as a fun different sleepover. The suite rooms were very large, clean and reasonably priced. We learned there is a on-site lounge Monday through Friday and dinners Monday through Thursday for $5 that include a glass of beer or wine. The only reason I did not give it a perfect rating is because when I called to make reservations the woman I talked to was so rude. She should not work in customer service ever. I was hung up on and ended up making reservations online. Thank goodness at check in the desk person and everyone else were great. The party was a huge success. I would nor hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for your feedback. It appears your call was transferred to our Central Reservations Office and we'll definitely be following up with them. Glad you enjoyed the rest of your visit.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I checked into the hotel at 1:00 AM on March 4th. Checkin was very fast, My room suite was very clean, with a comfortable bed. The hotel overall was excellent.
HERE'S MY PROBLEM - During the early morning, my room door was opened and pulled shut. The door safety latch was in place. I jumped from my bed (with pistol in hand) to find my hotel bill closed into the upper part of my door.
At check out, I informed the deskperson what happened. She said this was not possible.
I went back to the room and tried to push the same bill thru the door. It would not.
The only way this could happen was to open the door.
This IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - EVER!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AmeriStarTransport
Mexico805, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Green River, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and we appreciate the mostly kind words. Our immediate response is the same as the front desk but let me provide more information. Our late-night person delivers courtesy check-out folios in the early morning hours to all guests scheduled to leave that morning. This easily averages 40-50 per day. This individual is instructed to slide the folios through the crack in the door which is easily done as with most hotels. This individual is not issued keys and does not have access to a master key. Nevertheless, we took advantage of the greatest advantage electronic hotel locks provide; the ability to audit the lock and download all activity with that lock for any specified period of time. The only key card used on the lock - until housekeeping entered the room later that morning - was the key card issued to the guest. We were able to slide a folio through the crack and our best guess is you probably heard the folio being delivered and mistook that for the door being opened. I am pleased we can tell you with 100% confidence that this lock was not accessed by anyone other than the guests' card key that morning. We agree with you; this should never happen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Green River
Rock Springs Holiday Inn
#8 of 17 in Rock Springs
12 mi away
My Place Hotel - Rock Springs, WY

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Green River? Share your experiences!