“Worst Super 8 Ever”

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived at 6 PM after a day of driving with a 4 month old to find they had JUST finished shampooing the carpet in our room, and were putting it back together. Our whole stay the carpet was wet.
I was intensely disappointed that HOTWIRE.COM listed this hotel as a 3 star property which it is DEFINITELY not. Had I known this was where we would have been staying I would have happily paid ANY AMOUNT to stay elsewhere.
The staff was friendly, and I do feel bad leaving this review because they were so nice, but at 1:30 AM the smell in our room was so bad we awoke from a dead sleep, packed up and left. I was not about to keep my baby in that room any longer than needed.

I was trying desperately to fall asleep but couldn't get comfortable just because of the condition of the room. When you pack up and leave at 3:30 AM it can't be a good review.

PS, SHAME on HOTWIRE.COM for being SOOO misleading.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Grace G
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Room was clean, but the hotel was run down to the point that it gave me the creeps. We had no wash clothes ot hand towels, had to ask for them. Are keys had to be scanned secretly times bedsore they would work. A used towel was left in the room. Breakfast was adequate, but the trash had not been removed since yesterday. Would not stay here again. The bed slumped to the middle and the pillows were lumpy and thin.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you pay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Bad choice after a day of travel. Super 8 should see that their name is upheld here at this location. The faucet didn't work. The pillows were lumpy. The breakfast was skimpy. We left and went to a restaurant

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William B
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were grateful to find a clean place very late at night. My son found it on-line while we were driving. It was not fancy, but it was fine for us, just passing through and needed a clean bed to sleep in, get up and get going. My shower was clean and my towel was clean and my coffee maker worked fine. I'd happily stay there again. The staff was small town friendly, and I appreciated that as a woman travelling alone with her teenaged son.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The good points here were:- pleasant staff good internal decoration with clean room and comfortable bed.
However, it is an old building and in poor external decorative order. Housekeeping was poor with in-room coffee machine not being emptied and no replenishment of coffee supplies.
Breakfast was only barely adequate. There was no fruit and only 2 types of pastries. The advertised waffles turned out to be 'out of the bag' supermarket items which went in the toaster. Not the sort of thing one was led to believe!
I could not really recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple