“So horrible we didn't even stay”

Super 8 Green River
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Green River
Naalehu, Hawaii
“So horrible we didn't even stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I knew the hotel was going to be bad when I saw it from the outside. Very run down, and we couldn't even find the front door. Luckily I asked to see the room before checking in. The hallways were so smoky I just about gagged, and the room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. We promptly left and went to the Super 8 in Rawlins.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2011

If the title didn't put you off enough, nobody was at the desk to check in OR out, there were no towels, the shower was broken. Also, the city itself is very dirty and run down, and the surrounding neighborhood did not appear safe. Overall, one of the WORST places you can stay. There are much nicer hotels up the road. go there. DO NOT STAY HERE (espically if you have children).

-from a concerned family with kids

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Green River hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2010

PRO +: cheap, on the way to arches / brion, free wireless, gas station and burger king across the road, easy to reach, spacious room, indoor swimming pool
CON -: breakfast so so, no destination on itself, staff not very friendly, out of the center

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NW PA
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and it was a great value. We had no problems so I booked this same hotel this time for our return trip from the Grand Tetons back to the east coast. I'm not sure what happened, change of management? but it is terrible! We arrived and I decided to make some coffee and when I picked up the cord the ground plug was bent almost all the way back so you couldn't plug it in. My husband was able to bend it back so I proceeded to make coffee. I moved the machine into the bathroom because there is no plug where they have the machine on the table. There was old grounds in the machine. Yuk! Also I only had a choice of 2 old bags of decaf. They failed to give us regular coffee. We were tired so we went to sleep. In the morning I could only get lukewarm water for my shower. I shivered through that terrible shower. We were up at 5 AM so it's not like they ran out of hot water, I believe someone is so cheap and trying to save money by not turning up the water heater. My husband didn't get any hot water, either. Then he asked if I looked at the towels before I used them. I hadn't, I just grabbed them. The towels were filthy! I was so sleepy I just put my face into it without looking. They were also shredded. He asked if I saw the toilet. You couldn't see it with the seat down but under the rim it was all moldy. Then, we looked at the beds and I have my doubts that we got clean sheets. It was making me sick. Then I went to blow my nose and there was only 3 tissues and the box was empty. We took photos and will be sending them to the main corporate office of Super 8. The place smelled of smoke and we were in a no-smoking room on the top floor. I was congested and sneezed the whole next day in the car. There were dogs in the hallway when we left. The "breakfast" was supposed to start at 6AM. We went down there and the gate across the office was shut and there was no coffee or food except for the machine with Cheerios that was left out. No milk, nothing else. No one was up yet in the office and it was 6:20 AM. We couldn't wait to get out of there. I can see one thing being wrong but not everything! Well, the only good thing was the microwave and refrigerator were clean. but for the rest?...isn't there health laws they are violating? Never again. Pay an extra $20 and stay in a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CA2PAfishers
Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stopped here on our way to Reno and on our way back home. Nice rooms. Free Wi-Fi was nice. When we returned on our way back, it was 2:00 am. The man working woke up and gave us our room keys. He remembered us from 6 days before. Breakfast was your typical continental breakfast but it worked.
Beds were good enough to get some sleep. Will probably stop here again in 2011 when we go back to Reno for bowling.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spencer87
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Decent hotel, nothing fancy. Room interiors looked much nicer than exterior, must have been remodeled.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank remsteel6
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The Super 8 in Green River was the first stop on our road trip from Colorado to Seattle. We had a small reservation problem at check-in, but the desk agent was very pleasant and quickly resolved the rate error. The hallways had an overwhelming smell of stale smoke, but the the room was clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The room was quiet and we slept quite well. The breakfast was better than we had been expecting. No complaints here about our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
#11 of 16 in Rock Springs
Hampton Inn Rock Springs
Hampton Inn Rock Springs
#2 of 16 in Rock Springs

Been to Super 8 Green River? Share your experiences!