“Great place for motorcycle riders”

Best Western Tower West Lodge
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clean and convienent location. Would stay there for a longer period of time. Everything was right there to relax after two weeks of riding a Harley throught Montana and Wyoming. Great staff which went out of thier way to make sure the bike was safe over night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
FAKhan_9, General Manager at Best Western Tower West Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking your time to write this response. Each guest's review is very important to us, as we strive to exceed each guests expectations. I am very please you enjoyed your stay!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Tower West Lodge

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Don't believe those who rate this hotel on the low end. We had an excellent stay here. Fantastic service. Great value and clean. It may be a little worn around the edges, but it's well-kept and easy to find.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon!

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate that you took your time to write a review of your stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Don't expect much but be prepared to pay for it. Hard-to-access internet service is a drawback. Service in the restaurant is uninspired and slow so be prepared to go two miles to the next exit to find a wide array of restaurants. The rooms are clean but dreary. However, the showers are hot and luxurious. Overall, it's fine but one may not seek this location for an extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us, as we strive for our best customer service possible.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

we had kids and adults, we were staying for 4 days. We had one outlet to plug fridge, &(microwave that didn't work) & light and phone chargers and computer cords In. The bathroom plug was so loose the blow dryer cord kept falling out. The FRont desk Kept programming our cards for one day so we had to constantly go back to the front desk and get new room keys. Was a miserable stay for a family vacation. the housekeeping was wonderful and pleasant and very nice girls, the people at the front desk were too busy to care.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is very important, as we strive to improve each guests' stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel has seen its better days. The staff, while not rude, are not overly helpful and seem to do the bare minimum. This is not a horrible hotel. If the rates were $25 to $30 less I don't think I would rate them as I did.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good afternoon! Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate each & every guest's feedback, as we strive to improve upon each review.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

On our way to Montana, intended to use our points for a free night, we were instead charged $32 for the night, not a bad deal but not what we reserved. Nice room, older, nice walkout to a court yard. front staff a bit abrupt.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking your time to write your review. I apologize for the misunderstanding with using points rather than paying, but I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel. The place is threadbare and smelly (like in the other reviews). The staff was very disparaging because I had booked online and they felt no need to honor any contract that I had signed up for because it was "third party". I went here because they accepted dogs but when I arrived, they had a pet-fee that was not disclosed when I made my reservation. I am probably naive, but I have stayed at pet-friendly hotels that didn't charge a pet-fee and this undisclosed fee surprised me.

But my biggest complaint was about how I was treated when I questioned their pet policy. I went to the manager, obviously hoping I would get the fee waived, but if that wasn't possible, hoping that they would update their online hotel descriptions to include a fee disclosure. I honestly thought it would be possible to come to some understanding. However, when I questioned their policy, the manager and OWNER were rude and uncaring. The manager walked away from me when I was talking to her. The owner went as far as questioning my right to travel if I'm on a budget and suggested that I "go back to the cheap hotels." Both of them showed no concern at all for me and just wanted me to go away. I was definitely upset by their uncaring attitude but they became just as agitated as I was while still blaming me for the problem.

The hotel is OK, in a "I'm tired of driving and need a place to fall asleep" way, but don't expect nice treatment from the manager or owner if you have any complaints.