“Nice place for a good dinner....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Prime Rib Restaurant & Wine Cellar

The Prime Rib Restaurant & Wine Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prime Rib Restaurant & Wine Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Street
Description: The Prime Rib Restaurant was founded in 1983 by Ed and Phyllis Vanscoy. It was then managed by Ken Barkey who purchased the restaurant in 1991.
Greenville, Sc
“Nice place for a good dinner....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were staying in Glilette for one night and were looking for a nice place for a quiet dinner. Based on Trip Advisor we chose The Prime Rib. The first room they tried to seat us in had two large groups that were enjoying their evening with a lot of laughter, etc. I asked to be seated elsewhere and they happily did so. The meal was very good and my mixed drink was large. Nothing but good things to say about this restaurant.

Visited July 2014

“Stumbled upon a great lunch. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We were hungry just after lunch time and pulled in.A good sign was there were still lots of customers. The place is an old school steakhouse. They have autographed empty wine bottles on the window ledges. I don't think I'd want any of my friends to see the evidence. Our server didn't seem all that swift but surprisingly things picked up from there. The primerib burger was excellent and the soup of the day(Cream of asparagus and bacon) was to die for. I ordered a couple of half appetizers and was proved correct. The onion strings were enough for 4 people. The primerib ends were quite tasty . On top of that, the appys were 25% off . Thank god we didn't go for a full meal or we'd have needed along nap. I'll stop there again the next time I'm in town.

Hewitt, Texas
“What a gem - delicious steaks cooked perfectly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went to The Prime Rib based on TA reviews, and we were not disappointed. Our steaks (prime rib charbroiled and (senior menu) NY striploin were cooked perfectly, tender, and delicious. The signature potato/cheese soup was wonderful (and large, a bowl rather than a cup). Our server Joanne was efficient and friendly. She accommodated our southern preferences by bringing us excellent sweet tea. We appreciated the senior menu, and the portions there were still very generous.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Exceptional!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I had the best shrimp po boy ever here. My wife is picky and she loved this place and wish we had dinner there so we could eat in wine cellar.must eat here!

Visited July 2014
“Don't listen to bad reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I ate here for dinner.prime rib was awesome our server Joann was a great server. She made our trip enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant if you want a great prime rib. Was very impressed with the wine cellar I have never seen anything like that before.