“Needs a Good Scrubbing”

Hampton Inn Gillette
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel did not meet my expectations. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and have always found them to be extremely clean...until now. The first room that I checked into, room 104, was really dirty. There were multiple stains and spots on the carpet and both chairs. In addition, there was some sticky looking substance on the wooden suitcase shelf. This room was unacceptable. After complaining to the front desk clerk, I was able to move to a different room that was better, but one chair was still stained.

Breakfast was just okay. The lady supervising the breakfast room was extremely friendly but, overall, this hotel did not make a good impression. It needs a deep cleaning and/or replacement of carpeting and furniture.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Debra C, Manager at Hampton Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service and accommodations, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas.
Our property is nearly 11 years old, and we have just done a public area remodel. We hope these areas more than exceeded your expectations. Our guest rooms are slated to be remodeled and refreshed in the near future. New chairs are first to be ordered in!
We've gone over our housekeeping efforts, to see where we fell short in our room cleaning areas, that we missed in this particular room. Our goal is always to work at improvement in our jobs.
The next time you are in the area, we would love to have you come back and experience our refreshed property. Thank you once again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Gillette

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had previously stayed at the nearby Comfort Inn, but as we wanted to build up our Hilton Honors points, we booked a room here. Having stayed at other Hampton Inns, this one was a little disappointing. Our room on the third floor had dirty carpet. It looked like someone had shredded a Kleenex all over the floor near the doorway and had not been vacuumed up. Thankfully, though, we were far enough away from the yapping dogs down on the third floor that noise was not an issue. The bathroom was clean and the beds were sufficient. One bad thing is that this hotel is not located near many restaurants even though it is right off the Interstate. Decent, but not stellar.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas.
I cannot apologize enough for the lack of cleanliness you encountered with your room. This is certainly not the norm for our hotel, and your information helps us target where we need to improve our diligence. Our rooms are also slated for renovation in the near future, and we are looking forward to the improvements!!
We do not allow pets at our hotel (only service animals), so I'm not sure where the dogs came from that you were hearing. If that type of thing should happen again at a property you know is a non-pet property, please let the front desk know about the animals you are hearing.
We would love to see you again, the next time you are in our area and experience an improved property and the best customer service!
Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton on a overnight trip for a high school swim meet. This was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been to. The service was excellant! The breakfast area was spotless and comfortable. We asked if it was possible to open the pool area early for my son to swim a little while before we had to check out and they were very accomadating.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here with my family after visiting Devil's Tower National Monument, which is about an hour driving time from here. It's a very typical Hampton property located close to the interstate. It also appears to be relatively new. Everything is in like new condition. We had a room with two queen beds, which were quite comfortable and we all slept well. The only minor disappointment about our room was that it had no fridge, which is an amenity we enjoy when we're on vacation. I understand that some, but not all, rooms at this property have refrigerators, so make sure you ask for one if you need one.

The hotel is in a good location, close to the freeway and a couple of gas stations for when you get back on the road in the morning. There are a couple of restaurants within very easy walking distance, and if neither of those (one Mexican restaurant and one Chinese) appeals to you, there are a few others within 10 minutes driving time.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I pass through Gillette.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is another fine Hampton, quiet, comfortable, good breakfast. Pleasant staff, we stayed on the 13th of July (friday) and I had sent my kids out to get something from the SUV and about 2 hours later we were in the pool. The manager came in and asked if we had a black SUV in the back parking lot, the back gate was open. I went out and yes it was, the kids had left it unlocked, and open with all our stuff in the SUV including my wallet and a spare set of keys. Who said that Friday the 13th was unlucky.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stopover stay in July 2012. After 8 hours in the car with 2 kids the pool was really refreshing. Very friendly and responsive staff. We called the day before to ask about refrigerator in our room and Angela said there wasn't but that she'd move one into our room. We also asked about a low noise room (after reading reviews about the road noise) and She moved us to a nice and quiet room. All this done over the phone, which I appreciated.

The room was large and clean. Smallish bathroom. The carpet was clean and stain free except for an iron incident that left an impression on the rug - no big deal. The wifi was pretty slow and I resorted to using 3G.

Decent breakfast buffet and good coffee.

Room Tip: Room on the front side of the hotel, directly above the registration area, were quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Clean, quiet, good continental breakfast, easy access to the freeway en route to Yellowstone. We would definitely stay here again. The pool area was clean and pleasant. It was a nice bonus to have swimming noodles available for use. This suite was nice a spacious.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family