“Good”

Hampton Inn Gillette
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed May 19, 2012

A good Hampton Inn; free breakfast, free wireless, a good bed. Mixed reviews on the service. The girl who checked me in on the afternoon of my arrival was great. The next morning, a different girl at the desk seemed a little grumpy and seemed reluctant to help me when the printer in the business center was not working. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne T
Debra C, Manager at Hampton Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas. I have addressed these issues with our front desk staff to ensure Hamptonality is always expressed at our hotel. The next time you are in the area, we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I usually find Hampton Inns to be a clean, comfortable stay with good service and effective management. Sadly, this is NOT the case here. They first gave me a first floor room facing the parking lot. I asked to be moved, and they did, but the room they gave me was less than clean. The stains on the carpet were off putting, but the armchair in the sitting area was disgusting. It was black with stains and dirt, and covered with food crumbs. The tiles in the bathroom were spotted and counter top was streaked with something. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare. Would I stay here again? Probably not. I tried to let the management know, but no one was ever at the front desk. Sorry, Gillette Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mtngirlnv

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn Gillette. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your input on the areas where we fell short in our quest for outstanding service and accommodations, as it gives us the information we need to try to fix the problem areas. Our property is nearly 11 years old, and we have just done a public area remodel. We hope these areas more than exceeded your expectations. Our guest rooms are slated to be remodeled and refreshed in the near future. The next time you are in the area, we would love to have you come back and experience our refreshed property. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night while on business. Fast free internet, free breakfast, free parking, and nice rooms. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank agw7777
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Looks good in the public areas, but the rooms are not as clean. The carpet in my room was stained, and my business had dust in the corners. The desk staff was gracious at check in.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Jmichealr
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Really liked this hotel. Extremely clean, new, nice pool, helpful staff, great breakfast and no problem to have a dog.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Coming off Route 90 around midnight into road works made this hotel a bit hard to find. Happily this Hilton chain hotel had two rooms available at a walk in rate of $109 each which included a continental breakfast and free wifi - which proved to be very strong.

The rooms were spacious, the beds comfy and the shower over the bath had plenty of hot water. Other amenities in the room included a coffee maker, the usual toiletries and hairdryer. The rooms were clean and the lobby and dining room bright and welcoming, as were the staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Hampton in is new with very nice, large, rooms. The staff at the front desk was extremely helpful with suggesting a place for dinner. Also, she was warm and welcoming. Our friends had a jacuzzi tub in their room and they said it was nice and large. Our room had a walk in shower. The breakfast area was large and clean. The fitness room had two treadmills and a flat screen television to watch while working out. The pool area was large and had a large jaccuzi.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi tub if you like them.