See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018

I always try a Motel 6 whenever possible as I have almost always been pleased with their facilities. This one was no exception. I called them from about 60 miles north and they held a room for me without requiring a reservation or credit card. The lady was pleasant and attentive.

The room was clean and comfortable and had good internet and tv reception. The shower was hot and the towels smelled fresh and clean.

I always recommend Motel 6 to budget minded people and they are just as clean and comfortable as more expensive motels.

Room tip: Choose this one for short overnight stays.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Positives: clean, cable, nice widescreen TV, a lot of desk and sitting
Space, friendly staff, good coffee in lobby, & very very inexpensive.

Negatives: standard motel6-quality and full (not queen) beds, smoke wafts in from down the hall into non-smoking rooms, no breakfast.

Even though smaller “full” beds, the price was so good that I could get extra rooms for my college group that I was chaperoning.

Final recommendation: yes.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here while driving through the area as they are pet friendly. Heather, the desk clerk, was most accommodating in meeting my needs since i was traveling with my dogs. My room was located near the exit, as requested. It should be noted that, although pet-friendly, there is extremely limited grassy area for your dogs to walk/exercise. My room was extremely clean. It had minimal amenities, only soap..... no shampoo, no hair dryer, no coffee pot yet it did have a microwave and a refrigerator.
I may stay here again if traveling through the area.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded September 12, 2017

Thank you for your review we appreciate your feedback, we would like to add that in the future that you stay with us we do have shampoo and conditioner in our vending machines available for purchase. We also offer hair dryers just ask our front desk staff and those can be provided for you. We also offer hot fresh coffee from 6 am to 10 am everyday! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Booked a room here as it got ok reviews. From the comments it seemed to be on par with the other budget hotels in the area. We have only stayed at one other Motel 6 in the last few years.
The front desk staff was helpful and very accomodating to the elderly person with me. The beds were comfortable.The room had ample space but the furnishings looked like they were purchased at a Wal-mart outlet. The AC was very noisy.
There was no hair dryer or shampoo in the room! Every motel I have visited in the last 10 years has both. As I travel nearly 100 days per year by air and car, I think that is standard and I never carry either any longer.
The website states microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. Had a fridge but no microwave. Only coffee, no breakfast. Looked to compare prices...comparably priced places at least offer cold breakfast.
Fitness center has 3 home quality /inexpensive machines.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

When we checked in April 18, 2017 the attendants ( sorry name not on receipt ) had been crying. I asked why and she said her Aunt just died in Texas. Said the Manager wouldn't give time off unless she gave a weeks notice! That is BS! Do we live in a unfeeling country that when something like that happens that you have no feeling for you employees!! I can't imagine someone being to HARD HEARTED that they would say that! If she gets fired that would be a injustice. She was super nice and was worried about our comfort when checking in.
Hope things work out for her and she has safe travels to TEXAS.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MOTEL64227, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Thank you for your review of our property. Destiny the clerk that checked you in has just found out about her Aunt and she was immediately provided a full week of time off so she can visit her family in Texas. She has never been told that she couldn't have time off. She has been working only about a week at the hotel and must have misunderstood the requirement of advance request for time off for vacation is 5 days in advance otherwise there is no advance notification required. We thank you for your comments and hope to accommodate your lodging needs when you are in the area.