“One of the better Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Gillette

Motel 6 Gillette
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Yuma, Arizona
“One of the better Motel 6”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is one of the older Motels in Gillette, that is now an independently owned Motel 6. The rooms have new furnishings along with a fridge and microwave. With all the new oil and gas drilling and mining in the area there are a lot of full time residents, so my advice would be to make a reservation to ensure you have a room. Both times I have stayed there the motel was full by 4:00 PM. The staff are friendly and there is always an "eclectic" group of people either staying there or working there. Being a biker, I fit right in. The price sure beats the big box motels down the road.

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor, make a reservation or get there early in the day.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dennis S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I loved this place a nice place to kick back and relax even though they did not offer breakfast the stay made up for it they will expect to see me again when I travel through gillette

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank undertakerkills
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed in Motel 6 because other lodging facilities were either booked or way overpriced for a one night stay. The room was clean except for the dead bugs in the bathroom. There was a fridge but the setting was off and our water froze (just glad we didn't need to store medications). The girl that checked us in was wonderful and very helpful with directions to dining facilities. No amenities offered other than a small exercise room. The woman at the front desk was rude. My husband went up at 6:30 a.m. for the free coffee and asked for creamer. She was busy reading and eating her breakfast at the time and told him they were out of creamer if it wasn't by the coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Manager04098, General Manager at Motel 6 Gillette, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4098 Gillette. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Reviewed June 9, 2011

my review of yesterday stands except to say that the front desk person was wonderful and made things right. She was professional and explained that there had been a staff turnover and new staff were in the process of being trained. I stand by my comment that one should be able to expect a clean bed and bath no matter what.

• Stayed June 2011
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I wish I had read the previous review before booking here. The front desk girl was friendly and very helpful especially when I asked for the tub to be cleaned as it was dirty with many hairs in it. I know you get what you pay for but after driving 12 hours one hopes to have a clean bed and bath no matter what the price. I didn't tell the front desk about the bedspread, I felt bad for her. It is easy enough to remove.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Jethro123
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Gillette. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. t Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future!!

Travelers are raving about these Gillette hotels

Wyoming
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have stayed @ Motel 6 in Gillette twice in the past month. Not terrible, but just lacking too many "normal amenities" for my taste. There is complimentary coffee in the lobby area next to the vending machines from 6am to 10am. If you forget a normal toiletry item you can most likely buy it from a vending machine. Even though all rooms have a refrigerator & microwave you will not find andy microwave meals in the vending machines. There is also an ice machine in this area.

They offer powdered creamer packets, artificial sweetener & sugar for the coffee. I am a liquid creamer person myself, so I went to Don's Supermarket (nearby) and bought a bottle to make coffee taste like coffee to me.

The place is clean, the staff is nice.

The rooms have the funky window air/heat type of units and to drown out the noises I had the fan on pretty much constantly which resulted in very dry air and a sore throat. Each time I've stayed it has been for business so economy was important.

There is a fitness room with three machines - bike, treadmill & one other. There is no television set. There is a sauna and an open shower area - no shower curtain. I asked some questions about the sauna when I checked in but the staff didn't know the answers - I don't think these items are used often, possibly because the staff has no idea what to tell people? Fitness area was visible from main level hallway and lobby - an odd arrangement.

The place next door has an indoor pool & hot tub plus a coin operated guest laundry. No fitness facility or sauna. I went over and checked it out for "next time" and believe I will be booking the Budget Inn in the future. It is only six dollars more per night and you get amenities such as a hairdryer, shampoo & conditioner, clock radio & continental breakfast. These items are absent at Motel 6. Both locations have the mini-refrigerator & microwave. Though Motel 6 looks newer and therefore fresher, the other place also appeared clean. I tend to work long days so the pool & hot tub are important to me after standing on concrete or being scrunched up in a vehiclae all day long.

Because I am generally travelling to stay only a night or two it seems ridiculous to have to pack a hair dryer to take up space in my bag for that chunky item which is used less than 10 minutes each day.

The high speed Internet worked well, but the security setting was too low so I ended up using my MiFi card instead. No upcharge for Internet and no security code to go online.

If you have no hair, don't care what time it is, skip breakfast, don't like to swim or relax in the hot tub, don't like real dairy creamer in your coffee and never need to do a simple load of laundry when travelling then I highly recommend Motel 6 to you. However, for six dollars more you can have all the amenities right next door.

One of my really big complaints about Motel 6 is the big heavy doors that bang loudly when they close. I am a light sleeper and this is incredibly annoying. By the time I get home I am severely deprived of REM sleep from all of the interruptions in sleep during my stay at Motel 6 from other guests coming in and slamming their doors. It's the doors - that's how they work. The other guests are not trying to be rude or inconsiderate. I'm sure the doors are big and clunky for security, but I only seem to notice this consistently at Motel 6.

Gillette is a pretty expensive place. If you are looking for a cheap fast food place to eat within walking distance you might head to the Burger King at the Shell station located at the end of the street. Be prepared to spend about seven dollars on a salad with a grilled chicken breast that is so small you will still be hungry afterwards. Also, the people working there are clueless about the sandwich specials advertised on the marquee sign out front. My advice is to drive your car to the supermarket and eat in your room if you're looking or quick and cheap eats that are actually healthy, such as salad.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I just wanted to say Thank you! thank you for your honesty in returning my computer when i left it in the room, thank you to the staff for their honesty and encouragement in regards to jobs. Thank you for a clean place to stay! I have stayed at a number of hotels/motels, but in most I am nothing more than a "May I help you?' or "Have a good day" But the staff at this hotel has made me feel special. Thank you! May god bless you. i recommend this hotel FOR ANYONE stopping in gillette!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4098 Gillette. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.