“Best Chinese in Gillette”

Great Wall Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 106 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Great Wall is a regular dining place for my husband and I. The owners, Tony and Jenny, are very friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions. They get to know their regular customers and Jenny never forgets to bring my chopsticks. This is not a buffet! but it is a good sit-down, family restaurant. I love the pot-stickers!

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Recently ordered some take-out, and this could possibly have been the worst meal (not just Chinese food) that I have ever had. We ordered General beef, assortated veg, sweet and sour pork, veg chow mein, wonton soup, and two egg rolls.

First off, nothing was seasoned. We loaded the whole mass with salt, and still couldn't taste it. The assorted veg was probably the most disgusting part.... All it had was a load of bamboo chutes (who doesn't love those) and then two pieces of broccoli and a carrot or two. We were worried they had left out the cabbage, but we found it all hiding in the egg roll. An egg roll stuffed with cabbage and nothing else was horrible.

The veg chow mein = veg cat food

The soup.... Not quite sure why we even ate that.

As for the entrees, we choked down the general beef and threw the sweet and sour pork away.

We chose this place cause we used to go to the Great Wall cause it was a decent Chinese place, but whatever hill it was going down, it free-fell fast! For $50 dollars, we may as well threw it straight in the trash!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very nice and clean with a big menu. Good prices. We stayed at the Wingate hotel and could have walked there easily if it wasn't november and cold.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere with pretty decor. I always feel relaxed here. The service is friendly and pretty fast. The portions are good. My favorite is the teriyaki chicken with steamed rice, #55 on the menu. The plaza this restaurant is in, is getting a make- over. It's looking very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I knew I was in trouble when there was nothing but the droning sound of diners talking, in other words no white noise of music served here. The hot and sour soup was absolutely tasteless, served with fried wonton wrapper and orange sauce that tasted like Tang.

My wife and I both ordered off the specials menu which included soup, general chicken, and choice of entree. I ordered lemon chicken and she ordered schezwan pork, plus 2 egg rolls. The egg rolls showed up shortly after the soup, they were stuffed with nothing else but cabbage, a culinary delight I have never experienced before, thank god for hot mustard and soy sauce.

The lemon chicken came out slathered with an off color sauce that did not taste like lemon, not sure what maybe Elmer's glue. The batter was completely separating from the chicken, disgusting. Although my wife's dish was better than mine, the pork was gristly and covered in yet another almost tasteless sauce.

I have eaten Chinese food all over the US in big towns and small and of course some places are better than others but generally speaking, at least from my experience, they are decent.

This was the absolute worst Chinese I have ever had in my entire life.

1  Thank Wbfreeman