“Good Chinese food!”

Great Wall Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 104 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gillette, Wyoming
“Good Chinese food!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere with pretty decor. I always feel relaxed here. The service is friendly and pretty fast. The portions are good. My favorite is the teriyaki chicken with steamed rice, #55 on the menu. The plaza this restaurant is in, is getting a make- over. It's looking very good.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away!!!! Worst Chinese food in the world!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I knew I was in trouble when there was nothing but the droning sound of diners talking, in other words no white noise of music served here. The hot and sour soup was absolutely tasteless, served with fried wonton wrapper and orange sauce that tasted like Tang.

My wife and I both ordered off the specials menu which included soup, general chicken, and choice of entree. I ordered lemon chicken and she ordered schezwan pork, plus 2 egg rolls. The egg rolls showed up shortly after the soup, they were stuffed with nothing else but cabbage, a culinary delight I have never experienced before, thank god for hot mustard and soy sauce.

The lemon chicken came out slathered with an off color sauce that did not taste like lemon, not sure what maybe Elmer's glue. The batter was completely separating from the chicken, disgusting. Although my wife's dish was better than mine, the pork was gristly and covered in yet another almost tasteless sauce.

I have eaten Chinese food all over the US in big towns and small and of course some places are better than others but generally speaking, at least from my experience, they are decent.

This was the absolute worst Chinese I have ever had in my entire life.

1 Thank Wbfreeman
Southern California
“Food and service is great, but it's just so typically "Chinese".”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Great Wall Restaurant is a typical Chinese restaurant with typical decorations and a typical menu. We enjoyed our dinner, but it was all just so typical of the median Chinese restaurant. I'm not sure why the folks who run Chinese restaurants don't want to deviate from the norm, but just once I'd like to see some inspiration in the menu, service, preparation, etc.

Perhaps people who haven't traveled in China and been exposed to true Chinese culture aren't comfortable when a Chinese restaurant isn't the cookie-cutter image they expect. It's just that I know the Chinese have so much more to offer. They are passionate and creative, and just once I'd like to see that come through in "Americanized" Chinese cuisine.

I love Chinese food - real Chinese food. I admire the Chinese culture, and have always been treated well when traveling in China. It's time for us to learn about the real China, and I think "Chinese" restaurants would be a great place to start.

• Visited August 2012
Gillette, Wyoming
“Best Family-owned in Gillette”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Love this place! All the food is very traditional. Food is great, service is great, and the people who own the place are wonderful. I have never had a bad experience here for either lunch or dinner. Reasonable price, and wonderful service every time!

Visited May 2012
USA
“Chinese Food Delight”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just stumbled on this place, starving and weary from travel. They are remodeling the strip mall on the outside, so it doesn't look like much at the moment. They ARE open, so don't let the construction get in the way of a wonderful sit down chinese food meal. The majority of the customers were locals, which is always a good sign. We liked it so much that we ate here again on our return trip a week later.

Visited July 2012