“Really great food”

Pokeys BBQ & Smokehouse
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are a family friendly restaurant. We were named Wyoming's Best Barbeque, and offer full service catering, carry out, and of course dine in. We have a great selection of tap beers along with a full bar.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is one of those great local BBQ places that is fun and has great food. Service was very good. Would recommend travelers take time to journey to Pokeys

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I got the BBQ for 2, which is ultimately a pretty good deal at $33. The first thought I had when I took a bite of the ribs was.... wow, this tastes just like a sparkler would taste on the 4th of July. It had an almost sulfery after-taste. Maybe it was just me. Of course, the day we visited, their refrigerator died the night before so they didn't have any Turkey and some other options, which was a bummer. The salad bar was very good and overall to feed a family of 6 cost us $44... so not too bad. I would recommend a visit if you are in the Gillette area.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had lunch with five other men. A good sandwich for a fast food restaurant. The building is air conditioned which was a must in Gillette, being it was 96 out doors.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had the smoked brisket with fried green tomatoes and baked beans. Salad bar was pretty good. My favorite part was actually the hot BBQ sauce I got on the side. It was really good and it is my understanding that they make the sauce in house. Brisket was a little dry but the BBQ sauce made it amazing.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cold food that is way over priced. The service is slower than you can imagine you would find in any restaurant. Ordered the Walleye, the outside was charred and the inside was dry as a bone, I was astounded that whoever was cooking the food as it was definitely not a chef had the audacity to even plate that mess. The Walleye was $21.00. I had the worst Manhatten I have ever had, it was bright red due to 90% cherry juice for the small sum of $7.00. My husband had the BBQ which was dry and the onion rings were stone cold.
Will never go there again.

1  Thank Gayelene M