“Maybe not your madre's recipe”
Review of Los Compadres

Los Compadres
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Being from CA, we get a lot of good mexican food, albeit mostly from the Baja region. Many may think that the regional Baja cuisine encompasses the entirety of the Mexican gastronomical landscape, but they'd be mistaken. It seems as though the menu here is a bit more mainland Mexico derived.

I didn't know what to expect here and was pleasantly surprised to find the food well prepared and generously portioned. You won't leave here hungry. I had their Arroz con Pollo (chicken & rice) which was an interesting interpretation on this Spanish staple - very hearty, cheesy and surprisingly little rice. It was good but would never be confused with its Spanish cousin. I found their only offering of flour tortillas to be disappointing (I prefer corn), but I still enjoyed this dish a lot. Their salsa is nicely spicy and well seasoned. My dining partner had soft tacos served with a nice garnish of spanish rice and nicely seasoned refried beans.

This is a busy and small place so get here early.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

one of the best mexican joints in town. always busy. we usually do take out because it is a little place. also really like there burgers and fries.

1  Thank WyomingBeach
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Food is average, The beef in the Taco and Enchilada is unseasoned ground beef. I ordered #19, the waiter said they didn't have tamales, so I said he could provide a taco, I got the dish and it had a tamale and a taco...The dish did not have much flavor, the refried beans were like soup and the rice was bland. Even the Chile Relleno did not do anything for me.

Service was fast and friendly, however I will not return as the food was only average.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Always a great place to stop. Busy busy busy be willing to wait it's worth your time and value of food.

I've had the chicken enchilada burrito the last time and there was enough food on my plate for three people!! I took it home and I had it for breakfast.!

The service is impeccable!

Always try to stop every time I'm in Gillette. You should too!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Best food on our trip, not expensive and the service was outstanding. So much food on the plate, we couldnt finish it all. Ha a refill of our tea before we had to ask. Food was delicious. My enchiladas were so cheesy I had to wrap it around my fork. Excellent restaurant.

1  Thank DeniseT1968

Been to Los Compadres? Share your experiences!