“Lots of entrees.”

China King Buffet
Ranked #65 of 104 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quartzsite, Arizona
“Lots of entrees.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband likes Chinese better than I do, but I also think this is an excellent place to eat. There is a good variety of food, the different entrees actually taste different from each other (not always the case with Chinese), the hot food is hot, and the price is reasonable.

• Visited July 2011

Toronto, Canada
“Found it from GPS, great Chinese Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We travelled from Vancouver BC to Yellowstone National Park and all along to the east part of US, found China King Buffet from our GPS on the way to Custer South Dakota.

What a surprise! Very good food, great service. And very affordable price without scarifying quality!

Highly Recommended !

• Visited July 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
“OK Place eat as far as Chinese Buffets Go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

Our family eats at China King Buffet at least once a month and I will tell you why we go back. First of all of the 3 Chinese buffets in town China King is one of the best. Also we have 4 children and with a buffet you are sure to find something that everyone likes plus there is the promise of dessert if they eat.

The food is pretty tasty if you like Americanized Chinese food (AKA lots of fried stuff with very sugary sauces). My families favorites include their steamed dumplings, cream cheese crab won-tons, teriyaki chicken on a stick, garlic sautéed green beans and chicken broccoli. They have also added a Mongolian BBQ/Habachi grill which is pretty tasty as well.

Dessert consists of hard ice cream in 6-8 flavors, cookies, ice cream toppings, fruit, Jell-O and some small pastries. We usually go for the ice cream.

The wait staff is just so so and this here is my biggest complaint. When you walk in the door you are greeted and seated, usually pretty quickly, however your waitress then hovers over you pushing you for your drink order. This may be nice to some but for me it feels very pushy and frankly I would like to take my coat off, settle the kids around the table and have a moment to get their drink orders ready and THEN have the waitress come over and ask for drink orders. My other complaint with the wait staff is that they don't refill your cup very often and when they do they ask small children if they would like a refill. It is my opinion that for children under 12-13 wait staff should ask the parents if the children need a refill on their drinks.

Overall an OK place to eat in a town with limited dining options.

Gillette, Wyoming
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is the biggest Chinese food buffet in the area. I've had people from Billings and Rapid City tell me there is nothing as good and big in those towns as what this is. They have a huge selection of Chinese food and a few american items for the kids. Chicken Nuggets, fries, salad bar, ect. It also has a great dessert bar and hard ice cream. The owners Wendy and Ming have done a great job and one of them is always there.

1 Thank kymel

Been to China King Buffet? Share your experiences!