“A must read for Humphrey's!”

Humphrey's Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Gillette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fun and friendly sports bar and grill!
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Today we decided to take family, visiting from out-of-state, to Humphrey's Bar & Grill. The server brought two plates out at a time over a 10 minute span, which seemed odd (6 plates). Two of us ordered beef gyros, which came out last. Additionally, the Gyros came out as chicken gyros and I told the waitress that we both had ordered beef. She said she wrote the orders down wrong and would get new ones out for us. She did ask if we would like to keep our hojos and I told her we would prefer to just have it all out fresh again. A guy named Bruce came out and went directly to my husband and said "Why did you yell at my waitress and make her cry?" (she apparently went to the kitchen and cried, according to him). We all looked at him like a deer in headlights, because my husband hadn't even spoken to her first off regarding the mistake; I was the one who spoke to her about the wrong orders and in no way was rude. Keep in mind, there was young children at this table. Bruce continued to yell at all of us and make us look like fools in front of the other diners and our children. One of my out-of-state family members asked him if he could lower his tone. Bruce said, "Do not try me!" I told him that perhaps before yelling at customers he should get their side of the story first. Then he walked off. Our family dinner was ruined, not because of the mistake our waitress made (it happens), but because Bruce does not know how to respect customers. I do not recommend this place because this is not proper business etiquette and because we are not sure what other off-the-wall behavior Bruce is capable of. The same waitress did come and apologize to us several times after Bruce yelled at us. Another employee also came to apologize. The waitress stated that Bruce Kelly, the owner, had yelled at her; however, she tried to stick up for Bruce by stating that he can sometimes be a little rough around the edges. To me, this is not a legitimate excuse to treat customers or employees with disrespect . The worst part about the meal is that Bruce Kelly never apologized to us for his rude behavior. We do appreciate the kindness from our waitress as she was able to handle situation properly. Please think twice before choosing Humphrey's Bar & Grill in Gillette, Wyoming as your dining destination.

6  Thank Tanya M

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Extremely cold winter monday night in Gillette, Wy. we arrive at appox. 5pm. The restaurant was nearly empty of patrons, so seating was not a problem. Two gals waited on our party of four, so I assumed one was in training mode. They took our drink order, and mentioned the nightly special. We placed our food order next, and it came in a reasonable amount of time. Steaks were good, but nothing special. Waitress' did stop back several times to our table to check on our food satisfaction, but don't recall them ever asking to refill our drinks. By the time we were finished with our meal, a few other customers started to trickle into the restaurant....possibly to catch NFL monday night football game. Being that this was the first monday after Thanksgiving Day holiday, maybe it was that more people were out Christmas shopping than interested in going out for dinner? My valuation of this restaurant: food was good, but the prices seemed on the high side for a sports bar and grill establishment. Was disappointed that we were not asked about drink refills for the gals drinking soda, but the gents were asked if more alcohol drinks were needed. Atmosphere of this restaurant with their unique items hanging all over the walls and roof rafters, was very interesting. Worth a visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The food here is always just average. It's not my favorite place in town the eat but it's not bad either. The onion rings are good and the burgers are huge. The service here is usually pretty good. I never find myself waiting for another beer! It is a good place to have a couple of drinks with friends, especially if you don't like the smokey bar scene.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lots of sports memorabilia, lots of televisions, lots of beers and a wide and varied menu. The staff is friendly and inviting. if I lived here it would be my hangout.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Burgers at least 20 different ways, cooked any way you want. very good sides. Bar seats are comfortable and staff is friendly. Will go here again.

Been to Humphrey's Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!