“Great waterpark for the kids”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Gillette, WY
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My kids loved the waterpark and the cookies at this place. We were visiting friends and did not partake in breakfast. The pools were very clean and they provided towels. Nice place to take kids.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Very comfortable stay....Breakfast was yummy---They have the usual (cereal, fruit, waffles) but also scrambled eggs, hash browns and french toast! There is also a water park attached to this hotel. However we arrived too late in the evening to enjoy this. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I selected this hotel after having spent 5 nights in Mammoth and Yellowstone park's "Rustic" hotels, which had no in-room bathrooms, no swimming pools and no playgrounds. My 4-year old daughter was wondering if there was any "kid stuff" in Yellowstone (4 is a tad too young to enjoy just the scenery and one geyser looks just the same as every other one to her).
After reading that the Country Inn at Gillette had an indoor water park and the price was way lower than the rustic hotels in Yellowstone we had just stayed at, we booked it for the night after we visited Mount Rushmore.
As soon as we arrived at the Country Inn, my daughter saw the water slides sticking out of the pool area and couldn't wait to see inside. I took her to the water park at 6:30 and she didn't want to leave until near 10PM! Because of the season and it was mid-week (schools still open) we had the place mostly to ourselves.
She had fun in all the pools; the shallow toddler pool, the 3.5' deep regular pool and the Lazy River float experience. She was too scared to go on the two water slides, in fact after I went down each of them once, I was pretty scared myself. They are FAST! but it was obviously fun for older kids, younger adults (I'm 56). The water was comfortably warm and she never felt cold, even when sitting by the edge watching other people come down the slides. The water park was a big hit with her.
The free breakfast buffet was superb! Lots of choices and much more than the standard "continental" fare.
A wonderful gal at the front desk recommended a great place to get good BBQ when we mentioned that we were in the mood for some. The "Bar-3-BBQ" is a small, mostly take-out, BBQ joint. There is a self-serve, sit-down area that could maybe seat 36 people at most. But the BBQ meats were the BEST we've ever had! Moist! Deliciously smoked! Wonderful eats! I even didn't use any of the 6 BBQ sauces they had on the tables. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Join Calson Club for room discounts
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RFWink
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Country Inn & Suites had comfortable rooms & beds, decent exercise equipment and polite desk clerks; that part is good. However, for business travel there's a few additional things I need to count on from my hotel: reliable internet and coffee replenishment each day during maid service. I nearly checked out and walked over to the Fairfield for the internet but the front desk was kind enough to load me up on extra coffee packages. I'll try another hotel next time in town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I travel extensively throughout the U.S. for business. This hotel has to be in my top 5 of places I've stayed, including very high end hotels. The rooms, decor, amenities, beds, continental breakfast were all excellent. But what really made this place rise above all others was the staff. From the moment I walked in the door all of them were genuinely friendly and warm. Whatever they're doing to pick their staff, they're doing it right. I had the unfortunate pleasure of experiencing the local hospital during my stay. The staff called the hospital to check up on me, took care of extending my rental car, held my room and even left a welcome home care package on my return from the hospital. Excellent rooms and staff. You can't ask for much more than that!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We need to get 1br rooms when we travel due to our arrangement and the Country Inn and their 1BR suites never disappoint. Very clean and friendly staff.
Breakfast was good, not great, but what you would expect.
Oddity....our room's hot and cold water were opposite (cold was left and hot was right) what is normal even with the bathroom and shower faucets showing normal. We suspect it was a "goof" when they built the room but need to alert customers, especially with young children. But, not a reason to ding the place, met all other needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tesmithjr
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is a nice newer hotel near shopping with easy access to the interstate while traveling through NE Wyoming.

Check-in was easy. Yummy cookies in lobby. Room was nice. Bed was hard.

Taking the advice of another reviewer we signed up for their rewards program and got free access to the "water park".

The water park is shared with the hotel next door. It has a short lazy river and two tube slides. The chemicals in the water are a bit tough on sensitive skin so beware and rinse off quickly after you take a dip.

Breakfast was decent with hot foods.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple