“Very Nice Property”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very Nice Property”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were traveling through WY. on the way to MT. and found this place from the internet and what a nice surprise. Very easy access to the interstate. The lobby and the rooms were very clean, well appointed and the rooms were huge. Room had frig and coffee maker. Complementary wifi which was quite slow. They even had a light snack in the evening which was a hearty beef stew, biscuits and iced tea to drink. A nice addition after a long day of driving. Breakfast was good but, they kept running out of things, milk, yogurt, bread. And the biscuits and gravy were cold. I went to the back room door to ask for more to be brought out and found the young lady who was supposed to working there talking on her cell phone, twice. She must not think much of her job since she was a poor reflection on the hotel. If I were the management I would let her go as I noticed that two others found the same problem. The hotel was very quiet. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful especially the young man at the front desk when I checked in on 6/11. One of the nicest hotels we have stayed at in some time( except for the breakfast).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but very disappointed to hear about the breakfast attendant being on her cell phone while working. I will address this with staff immediately. Thank you again and I hope you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We only stayed here one night and had our trip allowed it, we definitely would have stayed longer. First feel of the hotel was welcoming. Rooms were very nice and clean and SPACIOUS, which is not always the case for a hotel room. Pool was nice, and staff was VERY friendly. In fact, we left our iPod plugged into the room when we left and when we called to check to see if it had been turned in, "Brett" was very friendly and helpful in trying to locate it. When we did not hear from him after a few days, we had given up any hope of finding it. After all, in most cases like this you wouldn't hear back and must accept that the item is lost. We were very pleased when we got a call from Brett on our way home telling us he found it and was putting it in the mail. So a HUGE shout out to "Brett" for his help, and to either the cleaning staff or the honest strangers who stayed in the room after us. We definitely would stay here again if we are in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jeri K, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
You made my day to hear that we had found and returned your lost item. Thank you. I am also happy you enjoyed our clean rooms. The rooms are a little larger than most hotels and we have 10 foot ceilings which helps with sound transfer between floors. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you and please come again.
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Family members were getting married in Gillette and had a block of rooms here last weekend. Booked the room 1.5 months in advance under the couples name, and thought nothing else about it. Drive 9 hours to Gillette on Saturday approximately 3 hours prior to the wedding. We attempt to check in and our reservations were for Monday.... That's funny, pretty sure most weddings happen on Saturdays.... We'll with a group of 11 people we began to panic. Luckily the hotel had an "apartment style" room that would sleep 6 and another Ron that would sleep 5...with NO DISCOUNT for themes up, we paid for one room and reserved the other for the other party that would be arriving within the hour. Settling into our room, the second party arrived and was attempting to check into the room we had reserved for them not even an hour prior..... The front desk explained they had no room for them.... HELLO! We JUST reserved it!!!!!! After finally receiving the room keys to the second room and a head ache later... We were able to enjoy our evening at the wedding. Sunday morning came and we went down for breakfast at 9 am. The sign stated breakfast was served until 10 am.... Breakfast was NON EXISTENT.... No milk, no bread or muffins, no food, with the exception of dry cereal. Definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Taryn726
I apologize for the reservation arrival date mix-up. We book the dates we are told. From your comments, I will train the front desk to confirm the days of the week as well when making reservations. Hopefully this will alleviate any future mistakes. I am glad we were able to get you into rooms in the hotel. I am sure the wedding was wonderful. Such a happy event.
I apologize for the breakfast being depleted. If you will contact me directly, I would like to know the date this happened so I can follow up. Thank you for your feedback. We need the bad with the good in order to find ways to excel.
UK
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a very new property on the edge of town, with good access straight off the interstate. As such it was all very bright, clean and tidy. Insde they have made real attempt to give the place a proper 'mid-west' feel with a Bison head on the wall, cowboy boot racks and such like spotted around the lobby and elsewhere, albeit out of context?

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who made us aware of all the amenities and invited us all back to the lobby for complimentary snacks and meatballs. Whilst this was quite a nice little 'freebie' it suited us both as there is nowhere nearby to eat (the downside of being in a new build at the edge of town).

As we were only stopping for the one night on our way across the States, we made do with this for our evening meal, as we knew we could look forward to breakfast in the morning. The pool was good and helped fill the evening.

The room was typical of any modern hotel, but as such was very clean, tidy, comfortable and quiet (an upside to being out of town :-)

Breakfast was worth waiting for. A good selection of both hot and cold food and the waitress was more than helpful with any requests.

Whilst not having anywhere close to go for evening meal was a bit of a disappointment, it was a very pleasant stay and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable, good value, stopover.

Room Tip: Any room should be okay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Yes, we are on the edge of town, but there are multiple restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel. We are currently working on obtaining menus for the various restaurants so guests to make educated choices. Perhaps on your next stay you can enjoy one of our city's restaurants. One of the benefits of being on the edge of town is the quiet at night. There is little traffic on the road out front at night and the hotel sits back and up from the street. I am so glad you enjoyed our evening reception and our breakfast. We offer the evening reception Monday thru Thursday, but our breakfast is daily. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Minocqua
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I called this hotel 2 hours before we arrived and booked because they had a pool. When we arrived, pool was ice cold and closed. No one mentioned that at time of booking, 2 hours prior. When I questioned the front desk lady about it, she had no response. Breakfast was a joke. Run out of everything and kitchen staff sat on her cell phone when she should have been working! Very disappointed and would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sbae4
I am so sorry about the pool. Unfortunately, we had to order a part. The pool was open, but definitely cool. I also apologize for the running out of items. I am aware that we ran out of milk and ran to the store that morning to replace it, until our order could arrive. There is no excuse for the breakfast staff being on her cell phone. I will be sure that does not happen again. Thank you for letting me know. I do hope you stay with us again, and if you have any issues, please feel free to contact management.
Monroe city
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We weren't informed ahead of time that the pool was unusable due to the boiler being broken. Compensated 20 percent off of my room only after I complained and asked for discount. Had no milk for the below average breakfast. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sarahnbj
I apologize for the pool situation. Unfortunately, we had to order a part for the heater. The pool was open, but definitely cool. I also, apologize for no milk. I know we had a very busy weekend and we did run out of milk. As soon as I was made aware of it, I personally ran to the store for additional milk until our order could arrive. I am glad your room was clean. We pride ourselves on good customer service and a clean room. I hope you will give us another try. Thank you.
Omaha
Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a long day on the road , this hotel provided a much needed rest. Easy to find and very welcoming. The hotel provided free appetizers and drinks on weekdays. They were so good, we did not have to head out to dinner. The breakfast was also very good.

Good value, friendly staff and good food where just what we needed.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the rear of the hotel to avoid any traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy your stay provided the much needed rest after a day on the road. Also, thank you for mentioning out breakfast and the evening reception. I am glad you enjoyed it and you didn't have to go back out for food. Thank you and hope you stay again when you pass this way.