“The best hospitality imaginable.”

Arbuckle Lodge Gillette
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Rapid City, South Dakota
“The best hospitality imaginable.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This lodge, and I say lodge because that's the feeling you get when you walk into this wonderfull western establishment. The hospitality of the staff was beyond my expectations of good customer service. The rooms are spacious and of course very clean. The whole lodge is spacious and clean. Breakfast was better than most with plenty of choices and enough staff to keep everything filled. This is my new favorite place to stay when we are in Gillette.

Room Tip: Restaurants are not within walking distance but are easy to get to and not too far away. Our room w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manda P, Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! It’s hard to forget a stay at the Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, and we’re pleased to know your visit was equally memorable! From our unique western atmosphere, to our large open lobby, to the personalized service you receive from our staff, guests are treated to an incredible experience each time they walk through our doors. Thank you for including us in your travel plans and please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Laurel, Montana
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Right across from the nwbra finals and we soaked every night had a glass of wine and were ready for the next day. Will reserve a room for the nwbra 2014 finals in October . Will tell everyone of the great stay we had looking forward for 2014

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arbuckle Lodge! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will be seeing you again in October. It’s very encouraging when our guests post about how excellent their experience was. We always want to meet the expectations of all our guests and I'm happy we were able to accomplish that goal during your stay. See you soon!
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've traveled thirty years for business, this is the loudest hotel we have ever stayed at. We stay at the property for 4 days. The first night we were in room 137, this has to be the worst room. You hear the pool and the outside door slam till late into the night. But what really kept us up till 2:00 am was the noise coming from upstairs. You could hear the luggage cart being rolled up and down the hallway, then slamming above our room. The next morning we asked if we could be moved. The overnight front desk girl was extremely rude and said she had worked all night and it was quiet. She did move us a few rooms down. We had to wait for that room to be cleaned. The day time front desk girl Gabriela was very helpful with the move, as was the housekeeper. Our stay continued to be very loud, there may be a problem with the sound proofing between floors. There were lots of small kids running up and down the halls. In addition, there was a large group of young men staying for sports. They all seems well behaved and I don't think the were the problem. The last night of our stay we came back from dinner, parking in the back. There was a car with local plates parked there with the people getting high. I went to the front desk to let them know they may have a problem, as usual the door was shut, no one in sight. Later that night we were going outside to our car, a young man with no shirt on wet pants, approached us in the hallway asking for our key. He said he needed to get into the pool, his friend may be drowning. He looked higher then a kite. My husband went with him, he ran around the pool several times then went out the back door. I went to front desk, again no one there. Later that night we went out to our car and again two young men came out with just shorts on, acting very inappropriate and got into a car with local plates. We work in Gillette a few times a year and will not stay here again. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was always great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Calimontana
Manda P, Manager at Arbuckle Lodge Gillette, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Cali,
We are disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay with the Arbuckle Lodge. We take pride in accommodating all guests no matter the season or the occasion. These circumstances mentioned are definitely not the norm for this property. We would appreciate an opportunity to show you this. Please contact a manager to discuss this matter further. We hope to hear from you soon! Thank you for bringing this to our attention and taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Safe travels!
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was built as the Settle Inn, but was rebranded as the Arbuckle Lodge a year or so ago. The rooms are H.U.G.E., the furnishings are NOT worn and everything functioned perfectly. We've stayed here many times before, from the King Suite, double queen, to the third floor suites. Rooms have fridge, microwave, desk and work chair. The breakfast is better than most any that are included in the room price, the TV is HD and there is PLENTY of quality seating. For those of you who are on the road like me, its important to note that there are two commercial washer/dryers at (no charge).

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hyde Park, Utah
Reviewed February 11, 2014

You were all correct!!! I generally find myself a bit critical of places as that is what I look for in reviews, but after driving through a blizzard, literally, we arrived here. Had planned on finding a bottle of wine and some take-out for the room, only to find out they had just put out Brats in the lobby. With our supply of 'just in case' and Arbuckle's Brats, a most pleasant relaxing evening!!! And, they serve breakfast in the morning!!! The room is great also!! Thank you Trip Advisor contributors, once again you'all rock!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is my second business trip to Gillette, so i of course consulted TA to find an awesome hotel. Last trip I stayed at the Windham Garden Inn - so so. But when I walked into my room tonight, I did a happy dance. Love the living room with Western themed furniture, the lighting is serene and the room, 'sniff .. sniff' even smells good. Great job, y'all. I'll be back... :) Oh, i didn't like the fact the front desk after accepting my corporate credit card asked for my personal card. Yeah, right! and why would you want this? In case you tear up the place. Hmmm, i'm in a suit and have a middle aged hair style and high heels. No rock star antics tonight. I passed - no personal credit card. might want to change that policy...a little creepy.

Room Tip: I don't really want to reveal my secrets, but ok. Ask for accomodations with a living room space...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great staff at check in. The rooms are larger than typical hotel rooms. Good decor. Acceptable internet speed. Slightly off the beaten path - that can be good. Good breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business