“I wouldnt stay there...”

Howard Johnson Inn Gillette
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a very bad experience. Our aunt booked rooms here almost a year ago, we had 5 nights booked, we had some things planned before we got there, and actually our plane was delayed and we couldnt leave till a day later. Our aunt called the hotel to tell them we were comimg but we would miss our first night but we would still pay the full amoumt for the nights stay, she spoke with Mohammed. He said it was perfectly fine, and it should have been , they were given almost a weeks notice. Well when we got there, the front desk person informed us that our rooms had been cancelled and she said she tried to call us the day before, which there was no missed calls or voice mails. Our original reservatioms were for two rooms with a king bed in each, what they gave us was two rooms with two double beds in them, which was annoying because it was my husband and I and then our aunt and uncle. We left it at that. The rooms werent disgusting but they werent cleaned like they should. We came back from huntimg the one afternoon when they were on our floor cleaning and I went to my room and they didn't even shut my door, which really irritated me because we had our stuff in there. I told the maid and she just looked at me and smiled, she didnt speak english or understood a word I said. Also our shower wasnt cleaned at all, I had cleaned my husbands hunting shirt which was covered in dust in the shower and it left a brown ring around it. When we got back from our hunt after they "cleaned" it, the brown ring was still there, so I had to clean it. The building itself was nice and the rooms werent awful, the service just stunk!!! It was a fiasco!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
daisy2181, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to your experiece at the Howard Johnson Inn. I apologize that you were dissapointed with your stay, I know each customer expects a great experience and I am sorry that we didnt provide you the very best. I hope you will give us the oppurtunity to serve you on your next visit to the area. I assure you that we will provide you with the very best on your return visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

AAA booked us here and we stayed both coming and going on a business trip. The rates are fair, we found the lobby pleasing and the rooms clean. Our AC's worked and were quiet both times we stayed. They have a computer in a private room for guests. Staff was pleasant. The only thing I could fault them on at all (and this is just petty of me) is their breakfast bar was not great. They have waffles, but no eggs or bagels and their orange juice machine wasn't working. Overall, small complaints for an otherwise great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Daisy V, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I got bedbugs from this hotel. It was a disgusting room, and when I called the hotel to inform them of the problem so they could take action to clean the owner yelled at me and said that I must've brought them to the hotel. If you like being clean, I would reccomend a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank thejesusfish12
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room itself had the bones of a decent motel, but carpets were worn, there was dirt in corners, air conditioner was old and somewhat loud. Also people hanging around the parking lot at night (smoking) was not welcoming

When I asked for a rollaway bed, they asked for cash instead of putting on the card. Seemed fishy.

Serviceable room if you're not picky, but there are other options in Gillette

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Having read negative ratings of HJ motels I did not know what to expect. This ended up being a positive experience. Clean rooms, indoor/outdoor access to rooms, and friendly staff contributed to a nice stay. The motel is close to many restaurants. I had driven through Gillette on many occasions but never pulled off I-90. I recommend a stay in this town - great food, walk through downtown and experience metal sculptures on every corner. The only drawback were the pillows - too big and fluffy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here in October 2011, and having read mixed reviews was uncertain what I would find. The staff were all very friendly and the receptionist was really helpful with any queries. My room was nice and clean, I had clean towels every day and the bedding was changed when I asked for clean ones. I had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, and TV, plus free wifi. The continental self service breakfast was more than adequate. On my last day I asked the receptionist if she would call a cab for me to go to the airport. The manager overheard this and offered to drive me there himself!! Now THAT'S service above and beyond! I would definately stay here again, great service, large clean room and value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
luckyone109, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next visit to the area,

Reviewed September 8, 2011

What a horrible experience. The owner Muhammad , who doesn't read or write English by the way, told me that my credit card didn't go through. I thought that it was a little odd but no big deal I just gave him another one. He said that was declined as well. So at that point he said unless I gave him payment he was locking me out of the room. I gave him the cash amount in full. The next day I called my credit card companies and they said that they both had charges of $137.60 on them from the Howard Johnson. I went to the owner and all he said was "I'm the boss I can do what I want." He lied to me saying that my cards were declined and then went on to bill them both. At this point I went to the Gillette police and they said to go demand the money back and that if he wouldn't do it then tell him that I was going to get the BBB and the police involved. It's been a week and I still haven't seen any refund. Please, there are plenty of decent hotels in Gillette, save yourself the aggravation of having to deal with that criminal.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank thejesusfish12
luckyone109, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the howard johnson. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the behavior and lack of concern regarding the situation.
As a consumer , I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide tou with the very best. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with the very best on your return visit.