“I rate it VERY GOOD, but with some reservations...”

Candlewood Suites Gillette
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Weatherford, Texas
“I rate it VERY GOOD, but with some reservations...”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I were guests for a little over a week. Room 200. Very well maintained by the staff and JoJo. Theres a lot of dirty handed, muddy booted worker man's staying in this hotel, but you'd hardly notice it other than the service trucks in the parking lot. I thought the room was well appointed, laid out and didn't mind that housekeeping only came once a week.

There are smoking rooms on the 3rd floor and the smell permeates the connecting hallway/stairwell. The outdoor smoking container is right next to the exit door so each time you enter/leave the hotel…WHAM…cigarettes! Who ever was staying above me in Room 300 came in almost each night around 2:30AM and stumbled around like they were drunk and blind. Clatter, bam, boom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank HDFLHPI
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us and the world about your experience here at Candlewood Suites Gillette Wyoming. We very much value feedback and treat it as a learning experience to grow and continue to give all of our guests outstanding experiences. I apologize for the problems that you did experience while here. To prevent situations like this in the future our team is now doing more security walks and checking on things more often. Thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to assisting you with any lodging needs that you may have in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent location in city. Nice suites roomy and accommodating for a shorter stay. Nearby restaurants and bars. A bit rustic but nice! Wkout rm is nice- now hunting public land? Very scarce locations- a lot were land locked

• Stayed October 2013
Hope H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
As a fellow hunter I want to thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites on your trip here and am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also understand the public hunting situation and am sorry you didn't have better luck! With all the recent industry developments the wildlife has gotten quite scarce. Next year we will take an extra step for our hunting guests and provide you with some extra help, local hunting areas and contact information for land owners who allow hunting. We hope to see you again next fall!
Butte, Montana, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and one of my dogs. We were welcomed in a friendly manner and treated like family. They even made sure my dog was welcomed with treats. The rooms were amazing and a joy to stay in. They were helpful when i asked for directions or attractions that would be nice to see. If I am ever in the area i will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teelajustine
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. Here at the Candlewood we are your "Home away from home" and I am super happy we made your stay great!
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Candlewood for 7 1/2 months as my own residence while my husband was on a job in town.i became on a first name basis w/ most of the staff & felt incredibly safe & @ home there. The room was incredibly clean &,w/ the exception of 2 separate occasions where the guests above me were incredibly loud for about a 3 week period each,my stay there was comfortable & I slept very well there.i used the workout room & it was great,small but was perfect for what I needed. I had an issue w/ one of the housekeepers who had a less than stellar personality & was not professional or friendly but rather snide & rude,but once I requested to have Jo as my housekeeper on a regular basis,that was a problem no more! My husband & I adored Jo (aka JoJo)& after years of lots of travel,definitely consider her the best housekeeper we have had ever.shes incredibly friendly,does an awesome job,& was wonderful to us & our pets.we consider her a dear friend now.April @ the front desk is a rock star.She should be running her own hotel,she's always on top of things,always knows what's going on,she's management material. Hope the GM was very accommodating & very sweet.she was perfect in customer service skills & incredibly helpful w/ anything we needed. Jennifer @ the front desk was also a sweetheart.very kind. I highly recommend this hotel & would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Wow! We love all the warm fuzzies in your review! It's always nice to hear such kind words and high praise about our team members, as well as knowing we corrected any issues you may have had. Thank you so much for choosing the Candlewood Suites and if you ever return to Gillette, you always have a "home" with us.
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very friendly! They are really accommodating with your pets. Nice, clean rooms. You can check out movies at the front desk, and during storms they had yummy cookies at the front desk! Loved my stay here!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I have to admit, we love our guests pets as much as we love our guests! We also try to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible and thought the cookies would help with that experience (plus we just love cookies!) If you're ever back in Gillette please stay with us again!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved our room. It had a full kitchen and popcorn in the microwave. There are easy to access laundry facilities on site. There is a guest pantry with food and other items (i.e. laundry detergent) that you may need on the road. You pay on the "honor system" which makes it very convenient. They also have movies and books that you can rent for free. The shower was great and the room was very clean. I would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We love hearing all the great feedback we get from our amazing guests and are so glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer our guests! Thank you for recommending us to future travelers!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Good value - although the definition of "suite" obviously varies depending on the chain you visit. Here it seems to mean one large room with two beds and a kitchenette area rather than any kind of separated sleeping area or even a sofa bed. There was a good size desk as well. Internet access rather slow in the mornings.

It seems to be geared towards long stay visitors who self-cater as there is no breakfast. Having said that, they did provide free snacks in the room.

Be aware that on a Sunday night, there is almost nowhere open to eat in Gillette except fast food places and Old Chicago.

Room Tip: Check what you are actually getting for a suite if you need a separate sleep area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank liz_croft
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites during your stay in Gillette as well as taking the time to share your experience. Most travelers that are not familiar with extended stay hotels have the same idea...suite means two rooms. By definition, a suite can offer numerous amenities such as separate rooms, sleeping sofas, recliners, work areas, kitchenettes and the most popular, Jacuzzi tubs. While we do have several one bedroom suites, they are typically booked by our long term guests. I do apologize for your lack of dining options, however there are several restaurants located with in walking distance from the hotel who have extended hours even on Sundays. Because of your helpful suggestion, we are working on putting together some information for our future guests. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide such a helpful review!