“Excellent customer service,felt @ home”

Candlewood Suites Gillette
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Candlewood for 7 1/2 months as my own residence while my husband was on a job in town.i became on a first name basis w/ most of the staff & felt incredibly safe & @ home there. The room was incredibly clean &,w/ the exception of 2 separate occasions where the guests above me were incredibly loud for about a 3 week period each,my stay there was comfortable & I slept very well there.i used the workout room & it was great,small but was perfect for what I needed. I had an issue w/ one of the housekeepers who had a less than stellar personality & was not professional or friendly but rather snide & rude,but once I requested to have Jo as my housekeeper on a regular basis,that was a problem no more! My husband & I adored Jo (aka JoJo)& after years of lots of travel,definitely consider her the best housekeeper we have had ever.shes incredibly friendly,does an awesome job,& was wonderful to us & our pets.we consider her a dear friend now.April @ the front desk is a rock star.She should be running her own hotel,she's always on top of things,always knows what's going on,she's management material. Hope the GM was very accommodating & very sweet.she was perfect in customer service skills & incredibly helpful w/ anything we needed. Jennifer @ the front desk was also a sweetheart.very kind. I highly recommend this hotel & would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Wow! We love all the warm fuzzies in your review! It's always nice to hear such kind words and high praise about our team members, as well as knowing we corrected any issues you may have had. Thank you so much for choosing the Candlewood Suites and if you ever return to Gillette, you always have a "home" with us.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very friendly! They are really accommodating with your pets. Nice, clean rooms. You can check out movies at the front desk, and during storms they had yummy cookies at the front desk! Loved my stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your kind words! I have to admit, we love our guests pets as much as we love our guests! We also try to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible and thought the cookies would help with that experience (plus we just love cookies!) If you're ever back in Gillette please stay with us again!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved our room. It had a full kitchen and popcorn in the microwave. There are easy to access laundry facilities on site. There is a guest pantry with food and other items (i.e. laundry detergent) that you may need on the road. You pay on the "honor system" which makes it very convenient. They also have movies and books that you can rent for free. The shower was great and the room was very clean. I would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We love hearing all the great feedback we get from our amazing guests and are so glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer our guests! Thank you for recommending us to future travelers!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Good value - although the definition of "suite" obviously varies depending on the chain you visit. Here it seems to mean one large room with two beds and a kitchenette area rather than any kind of separated sleeping area or even a sofa bed. There was a good size desk as well. Internet access rather slow in the mornings.

It seems to be geared towards long stay visitors who self-cater as there is no breakfast. Having said that, they did provide free snacks in the room.

Be aware that on a Sunday night, there is almost nowhere open to eat in Gillette except fast food places and Old Chicago.

Room Tip: Check what you are actually getting for a suite if you need a separate sleep area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank liz_croft
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites during your stay in Gillette as well as taking the time to share your experience. Most travelers that are not familiar with extended stay hotels have the same idea...suite means two rooms. By definition, a suite can offer numerous amenities such as separate rooms, sleeping sofas, recliners, work areas, kitchenettes and the most popular, Jacuzzi tubs. While we do have several one bedroom suites, they are typically booked by our long term guests. I do apologize for your lack of dining options, however there are several restaurants located with in walking distance from the hotel who have extended hours even on Sundays. Because of your helpful suggestion, we are working on putting together some information for our future guests. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide such a helpful review!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 for 2 nights. I was surprised when I opened the door and saw a kitchenette with a full size fridge. I didn't really need all of that, but it would be nice to have if you are staying longer. The room was ample size for one or two people and very clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location was convenient to many restaurants and a good base camp for visiting the coal mines.

The only thing I did not like is that the toilet does not have a full lid, just the horseshoe one. I was paranoid that something was going to fall in it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Ryan and thanks for taking the time to share your experience during your stay our hotel. As you said we are more geared towards long term guests however we also find that short term or overnight guests like our hotel as well. They too enjoy the Comforts of Home Bedding Collection and how peaceful and quiet the hotel is. We also appreciate you letting us know what you were not pleased with during your stay and are checking into making some changes in the bathrooms. If you make it back our way there will be a nice comfy bed waiting for you!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel in new like condition. This place provides extended stay rooms, which I did. the rooms include full size refer with ice maker, two burner cook tops, microwave (complete with pop corn) High-end pots and pans, even outdoor bar-b-q's with seating area. All the staff make you feel at home. The coffee machine is always on. I look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hope H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thanks so much Victor, we look forward to your return as well! The Candlewood brand along with our team's goal is to create a "free" feeling for our guests and want you to experience all the comforts of home without limits. Our fully equipped rooms and outdoor grilling gazebo area are just a couple of things that allow you to do this. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and can't wait to see you again!

Hope Hayford

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for about a month with about 15 others as part of a business trip, and I was so grateful for the clean, spacious rooms, with a kitchenette!

We encountered a couple issues while we were here but they were taken care of promptly by the workers with no complaints. We had to move rooms due to water damage but we actually had help from some of the staff which was pretty awesome. The internet here was seriously lacking and I tried to fix it by calling into their internet provider's tech support, by the second time I was getting really frustrated and prepared to talk to the general manager. I was a little concerned I would be given the brush off, or they would be indignant and not help me at all, I was totally wrong! Hope was incredibly understanding and assured me she would call in as soon as possible and try to correct it. When I went down for the meeting the following morning she told me she called and had the whole system reset, never had another issue. Anytime I went to her [or any of the staff for that matter] with a problem or issue she has been right on top of fixing it and made the whole experience extra ordinary.

They also have a decent selection of DVD's you can rent out at the front desk which was pretty awesome, the gym isn't huge but it gets the job done, especially since not a lot of patrons use it. And the laundry is FREE!

Overall the hotel is a 4 out of 5, the staff makes it a 5 out of 5.

Thank you all, I hope you all read this!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

There isn't enough that I can say to thank you for your kind words! Our team strives to make each guests stay as personal and comfortable as we can and are so glad we accomplished that for you and your fellow co-workers. Your group is one of our favorites and we always look forward to your return! See you next time!

Hope Hayford