“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Gillette

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gillette
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Gillette
Derbyshire, England
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm staying at this hotel on Business for almost 3 weeks. After a couple of days here, I'm quite impressed. The hotel looks fairly new to me. The lobby, breakfast area and corridors are all very well maintained and it is welcoming and has a a quality feel. Breakfast is better than I expected with a good choice of help yourself type foods. My room is a suite and it is excellent. My company negotiated a reduced rate due to the length of the stay, and it is really good value for money. Very large with a lounge area, work desk area, two large TVs, and a music dock for iPods/iPhones. Waterpark isn't really a "Park", it's a fun swimming pool, but not a "Park". That said, it is by far the best swimming pool I've ever had at a business type hotel. You could quite easily entertain your family here for half a day. Flume rides, lazy river, water jets etc. It is very good. My only small complaint is that it doesn't open until 8:30. Which means that guests staying here can't really use it for a swim/excercise before going to work. Small gym area consistent with all other Gyms in these kind of large chain hotels. This is a good choice for an overnight or longer stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gillette, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We were here for 5 nights, breakfast was good. It has everything one needs to start the day. The kids used the waterpark, we are elite Marriott members so were given 4 free passes. The hotel was quiet except for one problem, the doors slam loudly when they shut, very irritating to hear the constant banging.
Down the street to the South maybe a half block are a great Mexican place and a Deli..very good food at both places and easy to walk. Up the road to the North is Uncle Freddies had good pizza.
I would definitly stay here again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a newer Fairfield in Gillette with a nice lobby. The location is great. Those are about the only positives I can offer.

At check-in we asked for a room on the top floor (as Marriott gold members we have this in our profile and have honestly always had that request honored.) He just said no, with no explanantion (all of those rooms are occupied, etc) and handed us our keys. This was not a busy weekend and the parking lot was empty. He could have cared less. We also got the first room off the lobby on the first floor so it was not a quiet room.

When we got back that night there were two different people at the front desk. No welcome. Our room would not lock -- the dead bolt didn't match up so you couldn't lock it. I went to the front to let them know and again...they couldn't have cared less. It was late and we were checking out in the morning so I didn't push it.

Our double room did not have a microwave or mini-fridge if those are important to you. The bathroom wasn't super clean and there was some chipped tile -- just surprising since this is a newer hotel. We were disapppointed in the quality and service of this stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jbmWyoming
Lehi, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The rooms have been updated but they were nothing special. They were clean. Towels were getting old and threadbare. The beds were hard and the bedding thin. The breakfast in the morning was great. We booked this for the waterpark and our kids had a lot of fun there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Weatherford, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel is ONLY a couple years old and is well cared for. It's just South of I-90 on Douglas HWY. Furnishings in common area and rooms are in great condition, breakfast choices are many, food is fresh as can be expected in that setting. I'd say they do a better job than most at the "Free Breakfast" in the lobby. The food "pantry" and newspapers are much appreciated. The indoor water park is a great amenity, only its NOT a free amenity, in fact anyone from the community can use it if they pay the same fee that they charge a hotel guest. I thought that $8 a head was a bit steep for the "quality/condition" of the H2O facilities, but in March they are the only game in town, so grin and bear it. For summer guests, I don't believe there is an outdoor pool. Lastly, we were in a King room and it's one of the smallest i've seen. Been a while since I've stayed at a Fairfield, so this might be their new normal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HDFLHPI
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is in excellent condition, very clean and good service. As soon as I walked in I felt welcomed. The gentleman working the desk was extremely pleasant and I was checked in within a couple minutes. Perhaps the fastest check-in I ever had. I had a room on the second floor it faced the parking lot. The street light was a bit bright but the window coverings did a fine job of blocking it out. The room was very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. I got an awesome nights rest. I was told that breakfast would start at 7, I headed at 6:30 to leave and was pleasantly surprised to see that breakfast was already available. It was fresh and tasty and the lady working the breakfast area was very nice. I booked through expedia and the pricing of this hotel was very competitive. Excellent location, this exit has a lot to choose from, Starbucks, walmart, walgreens, many food establishments. If I have the chance to stop in Gillette again, I would stay here! My only issue was that when I was leaving the room in the morning, I found my receipt sitting outside my door. It had personal information on it. If the receipts can't be pushed under the door, they should not be left in the hallway in front of the door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Fast check-in, spotless lobby and rooms, wonderful customer service. The room was very adequate but just a tiny bit smaller than what we were used to. Not a problem at all though. It seemed like this was built yesterday it was so new and clean.

We walked to a mexican restaurant just down the main drag for a nice meal before retiring for the night. I would stay here in a heartbeat if in Gillette again.

There's a giant water park for the kiddies. Looked like fun but we didn't go in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family