Ramada Plaza Gillette
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms were very cleanexercise roomeasy accessfree breakfaststayed one nightstaff was very friendlydanisappororatesinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but this hotel was so dirty and unkempt I feel I must. Upon first look all seemed lovely but....it went downhill from there. The staff at check in was great, pleasant, helpful, etc. That was the only good thing at this facility. The breakfast area was filthy. Our shoes stuck to the floor by the breakfast bar. The serving dishes were obviously dirty and not cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. In the room, well it needed a deep cleaning. Even the guest book was dirty. The hair dryer was dirty, hair in the bathroom, carpeting dirty and loose, doors discolored from lack of general maintenance. We took the room because it was the least expensive in the general vicinity, but that is no excuse for a clean room. We have stayed in other older less expensive hotels and at least the room was clean. We tolerated the filth because we were tired after a long drive, but would never have stayed a second night. And it has soured me on using other Clarion Inns. For a reasonable rate I do not need a lot of frills, just a clean room to lay my head

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebbieNeilR
Robert E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I am with the new ownership of the property and distressed to hear you had such a bad experience. Many changes are now taking place at the hotel the first of which is retraining the housekeeping department. If should be in our area again please give another chance and I'm sure you will have a pleasant experience.
Robert

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here our last night from our 8 day vacation. The hotel was amazing. The pool area is very accommodating in that you can see it from almost all the rooms so our little guy could swim any time. The pool was very clean. The whole hotel was very kid friendly. If we had time to stay a second night we would have!! I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Ramada P, Manager at Ramada Plaza Gillette, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2016

Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza Hotel for your visit to Gillette. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, and we thank you for your comments as these help us identify areas in which we need to improve.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Because of the Sturgis bike festival we could not get our originally planned hotel. For a motel this was pretty good with a clean room, indoor pool, nice continental breakfast and helpful staff.
I would choose this hotel again if decent accommodation at low cost was my objective

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. I had to do some laundry. I finally found the laundry room in a room OUTSIDE the back door of the hotel. The washer spewed water all over the floor while it was filling. I told the front desk. One HOUR later someone came with a wet vac and cleaned up the mess. The back door to the outside never locked. I finished with my laundry @ 10pm and the back door never did lock. I feel that it should only be accessed with a hotel key card. The security has a HUGE flaw.....there is none. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: They do not make sure all the doors are locked at night!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Looked nice at first. Then: no screen, dirty bathroom, nasty pillows. Asked for additional pillows was told there wasn't any . Maint. brought 1 pillow, yellowed cover and stinky said housekeeper won't let anyone use pillows because they are expensive. I posted a picture of the pillow on my facebook page I was so shocked at the condition.This hotel was not close to full. Had to have an extra CLEAN pillow somewhere. Flat out nasty. I'm at the hotel as I write this review. There is a sign in the room about taking care of any request you have. Don't believe it. I went to Kmart and bought a pillow. Told everyone in line that my hotel gave me a yellow-stained pillow and that was the only pillow they had. Then I went to the front desk and asked for the gen managers name. She told me Mike somebody. I asked her to find the last name for me- email maybe? I got the last name.

Room Tip: Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business