“Expected Better”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed April 19, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Rooms were not very clean, need deep cleaning. Paula the new GM was a great lady when I told her I had probs with the cleaning crew putting used towels up as new ones she upgraded me to suite. The rooms and halls smell like smoke. Maint people were running around all day and not very professional

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I arrived March 25, 2014 and as soon as I walked in the door to check in, the place was spotless and it smelled very 'clean' and inviting. My room was the same way; spotless and very 'clean' smelling. The staff at the check in desk were not busy at all but were pretty 'short' with me and did not portray the typical 'welcome' attitude. I always ask for an upper level because I absolutely HATE hearing the upstairs folks stomping on their floor. I do a ton of over the road trips and have always been able to get an upper level each time I have asked. This place was by no means busy, only a few cars in the parking lot so I know the rooms were not full. When I asked for an upper level, I was immediately told that none were available, which I KNOW was NOT true. I went with it and didn't mention it again. Once in my room, the upstair stomping commenced and lasted well into the night. I found myself wondering where this guy above me was walking, as it's not like there is far to go once inside the room. Nonetheless, after he presumably went to bed, it was much better. Another thing that bothered me (this has nothing to do with the staff) was how many cars pulled into the hotel parking lot with their radio's blasting their radios with the dreaded bass shaking my window and walls, just about as bad as the guy upstairs from me did.

All and all, this is a VERY nice place and I would go again. I would just hope that the staff might be a lithe more accommodating next time. I never have the free 'breakfast' in the morning but it looked like a lot of fellow overnighters were enjoying their grub.

Good place, thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BaymontEvansville, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Casper East, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

We are delighted that you were pleased with your room's cleanliness! However, I do apologize for the noise issues during your stay. We do our best to have rooms on both floors available to accommodate our guest's needs, however, many days we fill up quite quickly. I hope that you will give us another change to accommodate you in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the only hotel with room in Casper this weekend. The doors to the rooms are filthy, calk in bathroom was done badly, there were holes in the walls where things had been taken down and the holes were just left. There was no clock in the room except on the microwave. The microwave had petrified garlic bread in it, looked like an entire order. No drinking glasses in the room. Asked for 4 towels, got three, trash no emptied during stay, ran out of toilet paper, tissues.
price was $183.50/night for a $35 room. There were 2 men sleeping in their truck in the parking lot as all hotels were full. The heater in the room did not work properly. Only stay here if your car is your only other option.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Was a busy weekend when we booked and staff did well keeping up with the busyness :) Breakfast was filling! Rooms were smaller than what accustomed to staying at other Baymonts. Hospitality well made up for the lack of space!

• Stayed: February 2014
BaymontEvansville, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Casper East, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

We appreciate your positive feedback! We strive on the opinion of our guests, and are thankful for the opportunity to be your home away from home during your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evansville
Best Western Plus Casper Inn & Suites
#11 of 21 in Casper
Sleep Inn And Suites
Sleep Inn And Suites
#2 of 5 in Evansville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Casper East? Share your experiences!