“Calm, Quiet and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Dunmar Inn

BEST WESTERN Dunmar Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Payson, Utah
“Calm, Quiet and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have stayed here many times and just recently came back from staying here again for the umpteenth time. My work takes me to Evanston and I have stayed at other places there but this is by far my favorite as I have no stairs/elevators to my room, calm and very quiet rooms and it also has the best little restaurant in Evanston that is not greasy spoon or fast food. The breakfast is my favorite as they have the best pancakes I have ever eaten. The beds are very plush and comfortable and I don't know where they get the pillows but I know I want to buy some. I also love how spread out the place is as I like to walk around outside and the waterfalls and other treatments give it a small resort type feel. Love it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jakemake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Glenside, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stopped in Evanston after driving 12 hours, low on gas and tired. Called a few motels as there are several, to check rates and availability. I pulled into the Best Western by mistake as I had thought I called there. I decided to just stay. The front desk person was a little odd, but friendly and helpful. Only problem was when she took a phone call in the middle of checking me in.
She booked me into a room at the rear of this huge property because I asked for quiet. It was dark, but I found the room easily enough. Nice to park outside the room.
From the outside, it seemed like a motel from the 60s which was okay so far. Upon opening the door to room 739, a pungent smell was obvious. Not terrible but strong. I looked around and noticed that many things in the room were askew. The lamp shades were crooked, the table and chair were at odd angles, the drawers were slightly open, papers were placed haphazardly on the dresser and table. Weird and slightly comical.
The room itself was large with a king bed and separate bathroom. Microwave and fridge and a window type air conditioner still in the wall in addition to the standard room ac.
The room is definitely old school including a vaulted ceiling complete with a beam, low slung dresser, wooden folding screen between bathroom and room - retrofitted with new things like the mattress, 42" flat screen, free wifi and a seriously great shower head. Best shower I've had in 2 weeks of travel.
Breakfast was not complimentary, but you get a coupon for free pancakes, so ordered them with sides of bacon and hash browns. Pancakes & bacon were fine, HB tasted like old oil - one bite was enough. Friendly service. Also got a coupon for buy 1 get 1 cocktails in the lounge but did not use that. Nice effort, though.
Not as bad as others have reported - fine for a night. Surprisingly clean except for the Best Western napkin thing that had a coffee cup ring embedded on it that was not changed between guests. Eww.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

We booked our rooms at Dunmar Best Western 3 weeks before our trip. We checked in at 1:30 pm and paid for 2 rooms.They told us that the rooms had not been cleaned but to come back after the festival and they would be ready for us. We got back to the hotel at 10 pm and were told there was only one room with one bed (we had 5 adults). Long story short they offered absolutley no help or info on getting a room at a different hotel so we walked over a mile with our bags to find a place to sleep. They gave us our money back and told us to be on or way at 10pm 100 miles from home...nice. Apparently booking a trip 3 weeks inadvance when they have "plently of rooms" isn't enough time. This is the third time something similiar to this has happened at the Dunmar with my family. We will never go back.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank _B_0758
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stopped for two nights on a family roadtrip, but we should have soldiered on to Salt Lake City, or anywhere else.The rooms are large - and that's about the best we can say for this Inn. When we booked and on the BW website, the pool looked inviting and the rooms comfortable but when we got there, the pool was closed for the Winter - it was May! My kids were disappointed to say the least. Make sure that you check with the hotel that the pool is open if that is what you are expecting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank fidelityman
Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We made reservations for a non-smoking room here because they have new beds. We discovered that it is a very old, sprawling, multi-building motel. We registered, got room keys and went to the room. The room had no outside air and it smelled of a very strong, perfumed room deodorizer. The smell was so bad, I went back to the front desk to ask for another room. They said they use the same deodorizer daily in all the rooms. I turned in my keys, got a refund, and left. The Hampton Inn was new and only $20 more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

I loved this place, It was only one story, so no upstairs neighbors. The parking was in front of the rooms, so I could back in and repack all the stuff we bought during the month we were on the road. The resturant was very good and we enjoyed the menu and the food. We plan to stop here again in June 2010.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

We had been on the road for more than 12 hours and desperately needed a place to sleep. Our first choice was the Holiday Inn down the street, but the front desk staff was rude and they only had 1 room left. So, we went to Best Western and I was a little freaked out by all of the taxidermied animals in the lobby. But, the staff was wonderful, and they had an inexpensive room that met our needs. It was refreshing to find a hotel with rooms that you could park outside of without having to lug all of our junk up stairs or in to an elevator! And the room! At first it seemed like any other hotel room, but the beds were FANTASTIC! The room was clean, quiet, and one of the best we stayed in on our 7 day road trip. They had a fridge and a microwave, and an accordian door that separated the vanity area from the rest of the room. This hotel was way more than I expected!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family