“Very clean, efficient place to stop”

Best Western Dunmar Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here to wait out a snowstorm on our way to Las Vegas, and we were very happy. We always seek out Best Westerns when travelling across the country, because we have rarely been disappointed with them. We were surprised at how large our room ended up being. It was quiet and very clean. The best part was the amount of bathroom space available, and our only gripe was that the divider separating the bathroom from the bedroom was broken, which limited our privacy. The room itself was so huge that there was actually a curtain that closed to make the room into a separate bedroom/living room. If there was anything at all to do in Evanston, I would not have minded if the storm had forced us to stay here another night!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Dunmar Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms here a really really nice, clean, comfortable. There is a restaurant and lounge right next door; part of the Dunmar (The Legal Tender). Awesome food, fine dining atmosphere. I highly recommend the Dumar is you want to stay in Evanston; close to all the community shopping and activities. Plenty of parking. Quiet area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay on our trip to the Midwest. Small town hospitality with modern amenities, drive right up to your room was a plus. Excellent value!
Breakfast was definitely kid friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here on business for two nights. It is a true motel in that the rooms open to the spacious parking lot. Rooms were large and spacious, but the furnishings, especially the bathroom, were a bit dated. When we first arrived, the bed in our room broke when we sat down, but we were quickly moved to a different room, which was fine overall. It was a decent value for the price, but could use a little sprucing up or updating. Nice to have a microwave and fridge.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Evanston WY on 3/15/13 after driving over 1400 miles in two days. The large well appointed room was clean,quiet, bed was comfortable but there was an overpowering scent of air freshener. We opened the room up to air out while we ate at the restaurant on site which has good staff and tasty food. The room still had strong odor but was too tired to switch locations. The next morning I spoke to the desk clerk regarding the odor. He acknowledged that they have had complaints about the smell of the air freshener but they still use it because "the housekeepers like it". I then voiced my complaint to Best Western corporation which contacted the property manager who also verified they have used and will continue to use the air freshener. Unfortunately we will not return to this site.

Room Tip: Give the room the "sniff" test before moving in.
1  Thank jamie k
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After working for a major hotel chain for 35+ years, I refuse to stay in the same cookie cutter hotels. I was traveling on I-80 when the highway was closed due to snow, so I pulled into Evanston and saw this hotel. I was very surprised at the appearance of a Best Western (LOL) and the clerk was extremely polite. She rented me a room and my amazement continued because of this oversized comfortable room. It was impeccibly clean and had a large flat screen TV, free wifi, a sofa, and two chairs. I was given a coupon for free coffee and pancakes so I ventured into the dining room. WOW, another surprise, a very upscale room with linen on the tables and real cloth napkins. After looking at the menu, I had a skillet breakfast with eggs, etc I stongly recommend this hotel even though it is a Best Western. I have been out of the hotel business for several years and this was a pleasant experience

2  Thank Jeauxkool
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed for one night in March and is was an ok hotel/motel. Our room was an older motel type room that was a little small but clean and quiet. We ate dinner at the restaurant on site and the food was good but the waitress really needs to develop a better customer service attitude not just a bad attitude. I don't know if the restaurant is owned by the same people as the hotel but the poor experience at the restaurant reflected poorly on the hotel. Oh, and once again the clerk did not offer the Diamond club perks. I'm starting to think that the Best Western Diamond Member means absolutely nothing to most Best Western Hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple