“KIND SIZE BEDS!!!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Susanville, California
“KIND SIZE BEDS!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

It was late at night...billboards advertising best western's wonderful pillows had been teasing me for miles! We got there,checked in, and I found KING SIZE BEDS!! They were not only big, but they were so comfortable. And the signs were right, those pillows were awesome! The rest of the room was clean, really nice new tv, clean bathroom and sink area, and a large fridge.

Room Tip: All ground floor rooms, park right in front of your door!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AmberCas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is an older one story motel facility that has been updated. The room was nicely appointed with pillow top bedding, new carpeting, large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, etc... I liked being able to park directly in front of my room and load my baggage from car to room very quickly. My only complaint was a very slow WiFi. Also, the free breakfast was only pancakes and coffee from the sit down restaurant. If you want to order anything else like orange juice, eggs, toast, etc. you pay the regular menu prices.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here for a week and believe it was likely the best option in the area. It was centrally located and had a restaurant.

Upon checking in, I was given a voucher for a free pancake breakfast at the restaurant and was told I could obtain one each day during my stay. I never took advantage of the breakfast, but it was nice to have the option.

I stayed in a large room with a queen bed, loveseat and refrigerator. The room was well-maintained. I found the sheets to be slightly itchy when they were changed, so I only had them changed once during my stay.

My expectations for the restaurant were high because everyone kept telling me the it was the best restaurant in town. I ate there once and ordered the G-man, which was basically trout almondine. Except it was more like fish with a pack of untoasted, slivered almonds thrown on top. However, it must be said that the service was good. The waiter was friendly and provided prompt service. The restaurant did have a good riesling on its menu.

If fitness is important to you and you rely on gym equipment for your workout, take note: the fitness center was terrible. The elliptical and stationery bike didn't work and the treadmill kept shutting down on its own. All of the equipment was pretty old, too.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

This hotel is average. The staff is really nice and very accommodating! The bed was comfortable, the room was a bit outdated, but it was clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dandridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

During a 5700 mile trip across the US in our plane, we made an unplanned, late afternoon stop at the general aviation airport in Evanston, WY. No car, no hotel, no knowledge of the town. The folks at the airport told us Best Western would pick us up, so we called and they were there in less than 15 minutes. In less than 30 minutes we were checked in and they graciously drove us right to our door and helped unload our bags.

There is a restaurant on the property that had a nice selection at reasonable prices.

The property is charmingly laid out in an old style motel fashion and was a good value for the money. The most impressive thing about the hotel was the people - everyone was more than willing to help with whatever we needed. These folks made what could have been a miserable weather related layover, a quite enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MooneyFlyerx2
Oroville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We drove about 12 hours to get to our first night's stop in Evanston, WY. This BW has a cool lobby with the bears, antelope, deer, etc. My kids enjoyed seeing the animals up close. The bathroom in the lobby was clean and updated too.
Our room, although small for a family of 4, accommodated us well. The beds were comfortable and the pillows adequate. We had issues with our coffee maker and had really good service. The "Nice Giant" as my daughter called him, brought us a new coffee maker (which we like to use for hot water for oatmeal in the morning as well as coffee).
Shopping and restaurants were close for this smaller town. What we enjoyed the most was the old railroad round house that the city is cleaning up. It is beautifully updated inside - we got to watch the square dancers. Then we walked down the street and saw the "biker" thing that was going on.
The continental breakfast was sorely lacking. They gave you a coupon for a hotcake and coffee breakfast. BORING, plain, and really needed to be added to - even a couple sausage links added would have been better.

Room Tip: Become a BW Rewards member
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FamOTravel
Payson, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past. It is an much older hotel that Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. It is cheaper but not free breakfast. If you are traveling with more then one person and eat breakfast in there restaunt then it is cheaper to stay at one of the other hotels. If you don't eat breakfast and only drink coffee this hotel will due. The restaurant is good though. If they have prime rib it is very good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business