“Great One story Hotel.”

Best Western Dunmar Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This motel is a hudge complex. It is all one story, so there are no noisey upstairs neighbors. The rooms are spacious and clean. The restaurant is great and if you are a hotel guest you get free hotcakes and coffee for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel 10/8/10...it was a nice enough place to stay with a resturaunt and bar attached. All in all it was good stay...but I was a little leary when I discovered that the hotel has full time security. (maybe because of the bar??)...but it does make me wonder what happens there...but on the other hand, it's also nice to know the parking lots are being patroled.

The room was set up really nice...had everything you needed for an enjoyable stay. The bathroom was a little outdated...but functional. The resturaunt had good food and cocktails. It does look like the locals hang out there and I have a feeling they have some wild parties from time to time (maybe that's why they need security...). All the staff were very friendly. For the most part...you can park directly in front of your room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2011

that I have ever slept in as far as a hotel goes and as a family we have been in many. The only thing I didn't care for was its location to the lounge. I am sure some people appreciate that though and I might have also in my younger days. They are a pet friendly hotel and we weren't even charged a deposit. Having a small potty trained dog it meant a lot considering he did nothimg but sleep like the rest of us. I didn't have much interaction witht the staff because my husnand got the room and turned the keys in. It would have been nice to have breakfast available because it seems to be the norm nowadays and is much appreciated. We were given 3 pancake vouchers (even though there were 4 of us) because only three were allowed per family. We ate elswhere because I ddnt want to eat at the lounge at 7am. All of that being said, I would stay there again and might on our trip back home.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My wife, daughter and two young grandchildren checked in to the hotel and it was late and cold so we unloaded the van and left my daughter and 2 grandsons in the room to get us all something to eat. When we got back my daughter said look at the hair on the floor, there were hundreds of dog and cat hairs on the carpet who know how long it has been since the floor was vacumed. We called the front desk and they moved us to another room so we had to pack up everything in the cold of the night and move the kids to another room. The front desk acted like it was no big deal and didn't really care if the room was clean or not. It was the dirtiest hotel room I have ever been in. When we started to take our showers in the morning there was a moldy and dirty band aid in the shower window so who knows how long it had been there. I stay in over 30 hotel room a year and this is the worst I have ever seen in my 40 years of traveling all over the US and Canada. This would of been a good dog and cat kennel. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank dutch57
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Awesome! Theres 2 king beds, a 37'' flat screen tv, minifridge, microwave...gold chrome in the tub lol. Free wifi is included with the room. Now this is a one floor hotel, and it almost made me turn the other way, but this is soooo worth it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I was really surprised by the quality of this hotel. It's set up almost like a campus with a number of buildings. All rooms are on ground level - no one stomping overhead or dropping ice buckets. Huge plus!

The grounds are very nicely kept and the property is well-maintained.

The room was really large and very comfortable - almost felt like an apartment. Everything was clean and in working order - WiFi was great. The room was quiet (although some noise from the parking lot can be heard). After three days of driving, I'd planned on spending two nights and this was the right choice for being able to relax a little before continuing on.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay at the Dunmar Inn again.

My only issue was the price of meals in the Dunmar's restaurant. While the room rates are reasonable, the restaurant was on the expensive side. The food was very good, but still a little on the steep side, IMHO.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I travel through Evanston on business and always choose the Dunmar Inn. Whether it's breakfast. lunch or dinner, the restaurant is one of the best in town. The beds are amazing and the rooms are quiet. Being a female traveling alone I'm fanatical about a safety and I ALWAYS feel safe at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business