“Nice hotel in a scenic area”

Holiday Inn Express Evanston
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Bellingham, Washington
“Nice hotel in a scenic area”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Stopped here for one night on a road trip. This HIEX felt newer than some of the other ones I had stayed in. The rooms were comfy and quiet. While there is nothing much else to say about the hotel, the breakfast was satisfying. JB's Restaurant, on the other hand, was not. It was nice it was adjacent to the hotel but the quality of the food was horrible. "One of the worst salad bars I've ever seen" said my traveling companion. Besides the cruddy restaurant, the hotel provided some much needed sleep.

• Liked — Right off the freeway, with no noise
  • Disliked — Not many dining choices
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This is a new hotel and extra nice. The lobby is
so pretty, the rooms are large and the beds are very
comfortable. Really nice toiletries in the bathroom.
Very nice breakfast selections. Great place to stay.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — There wasn't a thing I didn't like
  • Stayed April 2008
Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2008

This is an ok motel with somewhat thin walls. Would like to have heard less noise from adjacent room and hall. Bed could have been more comfortable.

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank ejbOregon
Corbridge, UK
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Evanston for one night and thought that it was great. The room was nice and clean and it had a big bathroom.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was pretty standard fare but was fine. If you don’t want to drive anywhere for dinner, then there are two restaurants next to the hotel. One is a standard chain family restaurant (JBs, I think). The other, where we went, is a steaks and seafood place called TCs. It had zero atmosphere but the food was excellent.

I didn’t use the pool at the hotel but the exercise room was well equipped with a good weights machine as well as the more standard kit.

We paid USD 105 for our room and I felt that it was good value. I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Stayed October 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 2, 2007

The hotel is right off of the freeway. It is clean and has an exercise room and pool. The staff is friendly. The decorations are contemporary. I felt safe at this hotel. Unfortunately, I could hear the pool from my room, but that was okay since it closed at 11PM and I didn't go to bed before then. The breakfast is pretty good. Not the healthiest in the world but there was a lot to choose from, including cereal. I think I gained 6 pounds in Evanston :) Anyway, the exercise room was small, but the equipment was newer and there is a TV and a weight set. The room itself was almost immaculate and the bed was comfy. The furniture was okay and the TV was good. Do I have any complaints? Well, it seems overpriced. However, I was satisfied.

Don't expect to be staying in Hawaii. Evanston is a little town of 11,000 people, with many national food chains and now even a Starbucks. It is much smaller than I originally thought. I had a view of the parking lot and gas station, but come on, what do you expect?

We went to Wyoming Downs, which was fun. I had a winning streak. We didn't see the bull riders, but I will probably go up again to see that. People in Evanston are not overly nice. They are not superficial and I get the feeling that, generally speaking, they don't feel they owe anyone any favors.

Good luck! Have fun!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jberry28
Nevada
Reviewed June 26, 2007

This is a two year old HIEx located on the west end of town. Easy on and off from I-80. Both exterior and lobby appearance was inviting. Our room 313, which faced the freeway, was a little smaller than normal HIEx rooms. Freeway noise was not a problem. There was a good size work table and lighting was very good. Twin beds were soft and with a choice of pillows. The bathroom was a good size, lighting good and sink counter was a large. All facilities work fine.
Breakfast area was a good size with about 8 to 10 tables. Food selection had both hot and cold items and the attendant continually replenish items. There is a JB restaurant just to the west of the motel. Parking area was a good size.
My only complant was there was no 2007 HI Directorys available to have and the desk person was very indifferent to my request.

Stayed June 2007
us
Reviewed June 8, 2007

Staff was very friendly and efficient. Room was clean and spacious. breakfast was decent but OJ was watered down. I will be staying here when I come back next month. I stayed here with my wife and two young daughters and we recommend it for a clean quiet comfortable stay.

Stayed February 2007