“Best hotel in town”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Payson, Utah
“Best hotel in town”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love to stay here. Very friendly staff, large rooms, great weight room includes weight machine, free weights, treadmills, and bikes. The rooms I've stayed in have large flat panel TV. Free breakfast of course same as all holiday inn expresses but this on has a pancake maker which is cool and makes good pancakes.

Room Tip: There are discounts for businesstravelers
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank shortsallyear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 15, 2011

They really try very hard - the people who work there are excellent. Big, quiet, clean, comfortable rooms - recently remodeled throughout - worth paying a little extra for. The "new" Holiday Inn Express breakfast is good too. A newer/larger TV in the room would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and book 5 days in advance
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MountainMan101
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I don't have much to say either way with this HIE. But I do know that it was one of the first to have the new pancake makers...pretty cool! The manager was very committed and took ownership. He was hiding in the back somewhere, and he was there late that night, and left about 9 pm. Then he was there again early the next morning. Very friendly. The rooms were very clean, and up-to-date! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank greenmonstertaiwan
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I was traveling home from Toronto, Canada, to California. The mid-December storms of 2010 made me layover for a couple of days in Evanston till driving became a bit safer. I could not have been in a better place. The breakfast was excellent. The room was clean. Above all, the staff was very guest-centered. I could feel that I came first for them. For example, each morning they would see to it that my room was made up while I was at breakfast. I complimented the manager and I wish I could say that all hotels I stayed in during my cross-country travel in 2010 had the same welcoming spirit as this one. I am glad I found this place when I needed a good room for a couple of days during this stormy and snowy period.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank gerryrob
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was one of the best HIEX experiences we've had - when we checked in, they had a goodie bag ready with water, an apple and a snack bar. The front desk even called to ask if we liked the room. Since we had indicated that we were with young kids, they told us during check-in that they gave us a nice, quiet corner room. I don't know if that was to keep the noise of the kids away from business travelers, but it was well appreciated all the same. The free breakfast and pool with spa was well used in the two nights that we were there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank fidelityman
Ogden, UT
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The Holiday Inn Express in Evanston was great! When I checked in, they gave me a gift bag containing a bottle of water, a granola bar, and an apple just for being a priority club member. The lady even called when I got to my room to make sure I found everything suitable. My room was perfectly clean and very comfortable. The bed was the new triple-sheet style and WAY comfy with an array of different types of pillows. The bathroom had nice counter-tops and a great shower. Breakfast was awesome and consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, waffles, fruit, and everything else you could imagine. The only downside was the location of my room: right above the swimming pool. I heard kids screaming until late in the night, so just ask to not be in 202, 204, or 206.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank NYOneFiveTwo
North Yorkshire
Reviewed September 3, 2009

nice hotel but in the middle of no where - the town is nice but just a passing through point.
got up graded to a bigger room - many thanks!
nice staff