“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Ottawa, Kansas
“STAY AWAY”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This motel is the worst motel I've ever stayed at. The rooms stink and the motel is dirty. Also the rates are high.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
davida21_77, Manager at Super 8 Evanston, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I am sorry with the issues that you had with your stay. Here at the super 8 hotel in Evanston wyoming we try to our best to keep our customer happy. If there was an issue during the stay, then by contacting the manager right there and then I could of tried to make your stay more confortable. If you could please give me a call at 307-789-2777 and I will also need to know on what day you stayed and what room number you stayed, then if there is an ongoing problem with the room, we can fix it. Again sorry and again please give me a call so if there was a problem with the room we can fix it and then I can welcome you back and show you that we try our best to have a high lever of customer satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This Super 8 was not the nicest I've stayed in,mbut not the worst either. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
davida21_77, Manager at Super 8 Evanston, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the super 8 in evanston. Your review is very important for us. I hope in a future day you come and visit us again.
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I showed up here at midnight. They offered a military discount but I didn't have my ID on me. The lady understood the situation and gave us the discount anyways. The beds were actually comfortable and the place didn't stink at all! I will go there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
davida21_77, General Manager at Super 8 Evanston, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We here at the super 8 in evanston wyoming honor our warriors and they have a special place in our heart and that is something we instill on our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for serving and I hope to see you again.
Oregon
Reviewed October 24, 2011

room was ok.upper.exterior was horrible.I am a member wyndham rewards and was told (after checking in and paying in advance) that no reward points unless I paid the $90.00 per night rate. It was dropped to $74.00 (.I have never paid that much at any super 8). after I said we would go somewhere else No refund after 30 minutes so I was stuck. "Continental breakfast " was very poor! No more super 8s

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Helene M
davida21_77, Manager at Super 8 Evanston, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
The rate of the day on the day that the customer checked in was at about 85.99 plus tax. The customer requested for discount in which we gave manager discount that beat the 10% from aarp and aaa, we gave her the rate of 72.99 plus tax, not 74.99. By wyndham reward rules if a property gives more than the 10% discount, it is up to the property to reward points for wyndham. Our policy is that if we give manager discount then wyndham reward is non qualifying. The customer had the choice and they chose the discount. Yes we have a policy that after 30 min there is no refund, however if customer would have come within the 30 min, refund would have been given. Customer checked in at about 8pm, we gave courtesy call at about 8:47pm were the customer said that the room was fine. If there was any problems then we could have resolved it right there and then.

Travelers are raving about these Evanston hotels

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I am shocked that Super 8 would allow this motel to represent them. Half of the property appears to be weekly/monthly tenants. This motel looks like the motels in the bad part of Las Vegas. Room has horrible stench, carpets torn in several areas. If this is what Super 8 will allow, they are desperate. I will not stay at another Super 8 again. Several nice motels with same rate in area........SHAMEFUL

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Boyajian
I went back and checked the courtesy call log. The customer checked in at about 8:30 pm and we gave a courtesey call at about 9:10 pm just to make sure that the room was one to the customer satisfaction and secondly if there was any problem we could rectify the problem right there and then. The customer state at the time we called that the room was fine. During the first minute of checking inn in the room, if the room was as bad as mentioned by guest the guest could of come to the office for a full refund as long as it is withing the first 30 min after checking inn. Plus we gave a courtesy call in wich at that time the customer could have said something.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 6, 2010

This motel was recently remodeled and I had a nice stay. IThe room was clean and the person checking me in was very friendly. At around 8:00pm (about 2 hours after I checked in), the front desk called and wanted to know if everything was satisfactory, which it was. The motel doors do not face the main road so road noise is kept to a minimum. The main road has a 30 mph speed limit so it's not very noisy anyway. There's steak and burger places nearby. The place serves a continental breakfast which looked like consisted of donuts and coffee. They serve the breakfast in a small lobby because they don't have a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
CINCINNATI
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Had ask for non -smoking, of course they gave us a smoking room . The stench was pretty bad never mind the smoke. We got another room, The stench smell was worst than the first. Woke up at 5am, could not take it anymore, Got up and went for a drive while my wife slept or was she knocked out from the smell. Still not sure. Do not stay here unless your on oxygem and can;\'t smell anything anyway.Oh, the staff were very and the place was clean. It the smell people I can't explain...

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple