“If you Like Oversalted Food, Go Here”

TC's Steakhouse & Seafood
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: A friendly steakhouse that caters to both family, contemporary adults, kids, & seniors. Exciting appetizers like Bacon Knots. Ours steaks are sourced locally from Utah & seasoned to perfection. We offer our Signature Chicken Fried Steaks in BEEF, CHICKEN, or PORK and are made in house, NOT FROZEN. Great desserts specials, like our Rocky Mountain Brownie, Strawberry Shortcake Two Ways, Southern Comfort Peach Cobbler & Maple Bourbon Bacon Ice Cream. Full service professional bartender, with full dinner service at the bar. Our fresh squeezed Lemonades & Limeades are made as they are ordered & offered with FRESH MINT. We are a family owned & run restaurant & we'd like to invite you to come join us for dinner.
Boulder, Colorado
“If you Like Oversalted Food, Go Here”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a long day driving, so asked the hotel front staff about local restaurants. They recommended TC's and said she sent lots of guests there and got great reviews.

Our experience was not good. I won't address decor as it was typical for small town restaurants..nothing special, nothing awful...

Food: This was the biggest disappointment ( and food is why we go to restaurants). They make the soups in-house daily. That's a good sign. I ordered the potato soup and my wife got the vegetable soup. The potato soup was good. The vegetable soup had great veggies, but the broth left a strong salty aftertaste. We told the waitress and she was "hmm, that's strange". She said she would try the soup, she did, and agreed it left a salty aftertaste. Said she didn't know what could be done to correct the soup. No sorry, no offer to replace, or comp.... A very "T" response. And not very customer friendly.

I ordered the chicken fried steak on the server's recommendation. I love good chicken fried steak...Don't get it often, but I have had great CF steak and this is not one of them. The meat was tough, grisly and gave my jaws a good workout. The worst, or second worst, I have ever had. I asked my wife to taste it to confirm my experience and she spit it out. Also the gravy was quite salty. It also tasted of buttermilk as it had a tang, yet when I asked the server she said no, just the regular gravy (i.e. milk) I suspect the tang was from sour milk.

With the chicken fried steak came mashed potatoes..they were bland and needed salt. Quite ironic considering the gravy was oversalted.

The kitchen clearly isn't tasting its food...perhaps because most of the patrons we saw were senior citizens ( and we are close) they may be cooking to their palates...more likely they are lazy, or don't know how to cook. Oh, and the bread we got was garlic bread, with very raw garlic taste...another palate buster.

Overall, despite decent service, I would never return here. When we pointed out the oversalting of multiple dishes, never even got a "sorry"... I understand restaurants can have off days...but to not even acknowledge it says you don't care about customers...

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank LorenzoLorenzo

“Service was great atmosphere was lacking food was mediocre.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Our service was great very friendly and down home.
I ordered a speciality "blueberry lemonade" almost $6. Without alcohol or refill.
Steak and seafood was way overpriced.
Food was hot and served promptly,
However, taste was off. I only ate 1/3 of meal.
For a Friday evening the place was empty, maybe the locals are wise to the prices.
Price Range displayed here is off try 17-27.

Sheridan, Wyoming
“Pleased with TC's”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This restaurant is very close to the Holiday Inn Express so we walked there. The service was excellent - everyone very upbeat and friendly. The menu was varied and they had a nice "senior" menu from which we choose our meals. While on the road I am not always of a mind to have a full heavy dinner. I have been searching for a good Italian Margarita for years and I found it at TC's. They also had a number of non-alcoholic lemonade drinks with herbs in them - they sounded heavenly! I will eat at TC's again.

Visited August 2012
Olympia
“Great Service even in a power outage”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped a TC's just as lightning took out the power in all of Evanston. The staff scurried for a few minutes to get things in order then proceeded to serve us a very nice meal. They were very attentive and the food was excellent. I had a very nice Rib Eye steak that was well prepeared and my wife hada dinner saladthat she said was very tasty with lots of fresh greens and berries. If they are that good under those conditions I waould expect that they are great in more normal times.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank stangerr
“Great place to eat and relax”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Rachel W was my waitresses and was very sweet and professional. Food was good and good priced. Just wished my Margarita was a little bigger.