“Peaceful”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Evanston
Houston, United States
“Peaceful”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The thing that stood out to me about my stay here is that there was little or no noise from other rooms or the hallway. This made for a very comfortable night's sleep. I also loved the full size shower as oppsed to a bathtub.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hamptonality_EVWWY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evanston, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I travel for my job to Evanston several times a year. I always stay at the Hampton Inn because I am a Hilton Honors members. I have a situation where I witnessed an individual trying to open car doors in the parking lot after dark one of the cars being my personal car. My advice if you stay at this hotel you make sure your car doors are locked.

1 Thank Teresa L
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It's a Hampton Inn with the quality experience you expect from a Hampton Inn, just in the middle of nowhere!

For me, it was having a tall shower head and soft firm bed after a long day on the road...

It was a saturday night/sunday morning and the overnight person was over loaded and working a double shift. Sunday morning she was working front desk, answering phones, taking reservations, handling breakfast and correcting guest problems... The front desk was left empty for long periods of time...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hamptonality_EVWWY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evanston, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have several new team members we have added to our staff. We hope you are able to meet them soon.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here one night on my way to Wyoming. The room rate was higher than I was expecting for this part of Wyoming but still wasn't unreasonable (I stayed on a Friday so missed the specials that require a Saturday stay). My King room was spotless and just what I requested. It has only a shower, which was fine for me, but if you want a tub it's best to ask if all rooms have only showers. My room also had a small fridge and a microwave so I could have brought something back to the room to reheat.

There aren't restaurants within walking distance, but there are several within a couple minutes drive. The hotel recommended one in Evanston which was great (Suds Brothers, reviewed separately). There are also several fast food places nearby and other restaurants.

The pool and spa were well maintained and a good temperature. The front desk clerks on duty in the afternoon and evening were very pleasant and helpful with tips for the area. The free in-room Internet is a bit slow, but since I'm not here on business it's not that big a deal.

The only thing I'd rate so-so is the morning breakfast. It's typical Hampton Inn fare -- 1-2 hot dishes, waffles, toast, cereals, oatmeal. Breakfast begins at 6am, but when I came down about 6:30 am they were out of many things, including one of the two hot dishes. I could not find a person either in the kitchen or the front desk for 15-20 minutes to ask for replenishment. Apparently there are several people staying here who work night shift (construction or road work) and they eat early as they come in for work. It would have been much nicer if the hotel staff kept an eye on the breakfast area and replenished the food. This is the reason "service" gets an Average rather than a Very Good or Excellent from me.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms get the early morning sun and not the direct afternoon sun.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will visit us again. We would love to show how your comments were used constructively.
Torrance, California
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice hotel. Appears to be very new and well maintained. Hotel was completely booked the night
we stayed. Our room was on the front side of the hotel which was very nice in the afternoon
because the sun had moved around to the back side and we didn't have to deal with the hot sun
shinning in our room.
Very friendly helpful staff, who gave us some interesting facts on the area. The only complaint we
had with the breakfast service, was the lack of fruit. They put out whole apples and oranges, but
we appreciate the cut-up fruit that can be spread on cereal. Stayed 7-22-2013.
Enjoyed the historic part of Evanston. They have really cleaned up this little railroad town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind comments. They are so appreciated. We loved having you here!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This Hampton Inn is fairly new to Evanston and was built for the oil industry boom; which is now bust. Because of the availability of hotel rooms the hotel price is too high. A $150+/night is excessive for the area. There are very few restaurants nearby and on a Sunday, less than four restaurants were available which included the McDonalds. Easy access to I 80, clean comfortable spacious rooms, quiet w/ no traffic noise, adequate breakfast choices and large parking lot. This is not a usual stop for travelers; so the nightly price is too much in comparison to other Hampton locations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hamptonality_EVWWY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Evanston, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I hope you will visit us again. Thank you for your kind remarks. They mean so very much to us.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If your trip takes you from the National Park corner of Wyoming to the Salt Lake area, this hotel is a nice option. Clean and comfortable, up to Hampton standards. The advantage is the location between points in Wymoning and points in Utah. Restaraunt options are a bit slim nearby but there are a few places to grab a quick bite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.