“Breathtakingly beautiful, This is family vacationing at its very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Triangle C Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
Triangle C Ranch
Ranked #8 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dubois
Orchard
“Breathtakingly beautiful, This is family vacationing at its very best”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Triangle C is rich in history and natural beauty! Having just returned from a wonderful extended weekend there, I came home and find myself now missing the delightful food, the knowledgeable and courteous staff, the fellowship and the peace and quiet of my super clean cabin! It is possible to find absolute peace at this ranch - but with the amenities of lots of well prepared food by talented chefs, modern conveniences, and enjoying a true Western experience (wildlife sighting, horseback riding, pack trips - they have it all!)

Whether you plan on bringing a family, or planning a hunting trip, I certainly would recommend the Triangle C. With cabins nestled in tall pines, going to sleep to the sound of the gentle river running not far away is an experience I know I will not soon forget.

Located a short ride from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and Yellowstone National Park - you won't want to miss this experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracy D

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Situated on Wyoming's Wind River, the Triangle C Ranch blends the natural beauty of Wyoming with warm western hospitality. The focus is on riding and the "dude ranch experience" and is supplemented by activities for families and children. The large deck of the main lodge proved a perfect place to "catch some rays", relax and view a variety of wildlife that came to the river mornings and evenings to water. Check out the lodge bar - it's full of western memorabilia. The main lobby of the lodge also contains photos and memorabilia of the Garnick family the owner/operators of the ranch.

The entire staff, whether servers, housekeepers, wranglers or management were very friendly, attentive and responsive to our needs. Meals prepared by the executive chef Michael were hearty, perfectly prepared, portions were right-sized and everything was delicious. Could it be the mountain air?

My wife and I are intermediate level riders and the wranglers TJ, Gus, Jack (sorry I can't name them all) provided helpful guidance and did so with patience and confidence. The rides were scenic and afforded numerous sightings of elk, deer and other wildlife - no bears thank you very much! The evening sunset ride was especially enjoyable and peaceful. The horses were well-mannered and were very sure-footed on the sometimes rugged and narrow trails - a confidence builder for sure.

Our cabin was simple, but in good working order, clean and nicely appointed with a wood burning stove and whirlpool tub. We didn't use the whirlpool though, which in retrospect we should have after our first ride. Oh my aching legs and ...you get the picture. The bed was made up every day and new towels were provided daily. Linen is changed less often, part of their "going green" initiative - no complaints, we're ok with saving natural resources. Our king-size bed was exceptionally comfortable and the bed linen and towel quality was several cuts above the norm - nice!

We had an outstanding getaway and a remarkable experience in a beautiful location. The fond memories will endure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We were at Triangle C with a small group. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the wranglers went out of their way to be kind to my children. Cabins and lodge were clean and well maintained. The food was AMAZING, and the chef was very attentive to the special needs of my child with food allergies.
The scenery and wildlife were abundant, the trail rides amazing and much more than I expected in terms of length, scenery (and river crossings!!)
We had a fantastic time, and as my daughter said the last morning, "It is going to be so hard to leave here!"

• Stayed June 2013
Elk River
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful experience I had at the Triangle C Ranch. The fabulous location and scenery were surpassed only by the knowledge, experience and the hospitality of the entire staff. Everyone I encountered did their utmost to ensure that I had a wonderful time. The food was fabulous, the cabins were so well cared for and clean and oh so comfortable I only wish I could have stayed longer. My hats off to all of you. Thank you so much for making my stay one of the most enjoyable I have had. I definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have traveled to many locations with our family and we have to say Triangle C is at the top of our list! The staff was so welcoming and accommodating to all of our needs. The lodge and cabins are well kept, clean and comfortable! We loved our cabin as it had a rustic western elegance with great interior design! The housekeepers were more than helpful attending to all our needs as we are somewhat high maintenance! The children's councilors were so fun and creative with our children and gave them experiences that will last them a lifetime! The wranglers were amazing and true cowboys who paired us with perfect horses- The ranch had so many great activities and we felt like we could do all or nothing. From square dancing to rodeos it was all so great! The food was spectacular and each day we were thrilled to see what gourmet meal was prepared. Overall the Garnick Family and the Triangle C ranch staff provided us with a vacation of a lifetime and memories that will last us forever!! We will definitely be returning! Thank you Triangle C- Till we meet again- Happy Trails. The Nash Family

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank embracestarlight
Montvale, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We went during a slow week. In fact, we got the feeling that most of the staff was headed back to college or just "not around" because there was someplace more important where they needed to be. There was A LOT of downtime, which is fine when you're on vacation in the Bahamas, but not at these prices, and not when the website promises so much more. The Garlicks are a very wealthy family who spend very little time on site, and their interests clearly lie in their other businesses. It's a shame really, because we could almost see that in it's day, this place was probably as decent a ranch as you'd find in this area. So sad.
Grace was said at only one of our meals, so I can't really agree or disagree with the other reviewers here. I'm not quite sure if that's really part of the "cowboy culture" part of the trip, or because we happened to be all Christian families that week. Whatever.
I said my prayers each night because I was thankful to see the rodents only in the main lodge and not in our bedroom. I guess the rat-trap in the corner was doing it's job. I was thankful for the salad at every meal, because the food was horrible. It was recycled each night: one day the steak was in a sandwich, the next it was deepfried for dinner, etc. You get the idea. I was thankful for a pot of coffee, because if you don't ask, you don't get. Yet another sign of cheapo cost-cutting. Come on, no coffee available unless you ask them to brew a pot? Really?
Considering this is a ranch, it was a little eerie to walk into an empty main lodge at 7:30 in the morning and not see any signs of life (except for a mouse or two). And it wasn't because they were busy. They just weren't working yet.
There is no spa of any kind. Mention of a spa and spa services on their website and in their emails is very misleading. DIdn't matter much to us, but we just don't like false advertising.
We were very accurately matched to our horses, and I credit the college kids running the stable for that. The rodeo in Jackson was fun. We also discovered once we were back home that we were significantly overcharged on our credit card, and after trying to resolve with the ranch, had to refer the issue to the credit card company for resolution. The ranch's lack of response/action was really shameful and very disappointing, to say the least. Makes us wonder if it was really a mistake at all. It's no secret this ranch is for sale, so perhaps future guests will benefit from better management and some revitalization efforts. They have great horses, so hopefully they're included in the ranch's sale price.This is a great kids vacation - notice I said "kids" vacation - not "family" vacation. There simply isn't enough variety to keep the whole family engaged for the entire week. And don't make the mistake of thinking that this is "all-inclusive" simply because they charge by the week. You will be billed for sodas. Yes, I'm serious: they charge for soda. Welcome to New York - I mean, Triangle C.

Room Tip: Upstairs cabins might have less of an issue with mice.