“As Expected”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Saint Louis, Missouri
“As Expected”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After getting stuck in Dubois with a mechanical problem, we arrived at the Cowboy Cafe just before they closed. But they were more than willing to accomodate the 13 of us. Sat us down with no problem, and served all of us very quickly with absolutely no complaints from the staff. I always feel welcome there, but in this case they went above and beyond. Everybody's orders were correct, and when I thanked the manager for taking care of us so late, he thanked us for coming in! While I only make it there once a year, it has become one of my favorite eating spots in the country! Thanks to all of you!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mark S

Gunnison, CO
“Homemade Pies are Awesome!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have eaten at this café well over fifty times in the four Summers/Autumns I've travelled to Dubois and especially like their grilled chicken sandwiches (which can be customized to
order), breakfasts (hint: instead of scrambled eggs, ask for 2 eggs in mini omelette form), and PIES. The amazing variety of pies (e.g., chocolate bourbon pecan, berry, apple, cream pies,
etc.) are homemade by a master baker and truly gourmet. Although I find a slice of pie on
the pricey side, its worth it if the baker is equally rewarded ($) for exceptional talent.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TheGav
Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
“I cook better at my own home...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Gave this place several shots before I finally gave up. Inconsistent service, dirty tables, occasionally the food is worth the price. Burgers are good. Tried a fish and chips basket which was seriously overpriced at $10 for what amounted to a child's portion, and just fried junk. If you don't care about how long it will take or if you can be sure of what's going to show up on your plate, by all means, stop by watch the world go by as you sit in a booth waiting for service or out on the sidewalk, which can be pretty stinky in the summer.

• Visited July 2012
Riverton, Wyoming
“A Great Little Place to Stop In for Grub”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've never eaten dinner here, but we love to stop in for breakfast before heading up to the mountains to trapse around in the snow! Always a fun atmosphere, with locals or people traveling through Dubois. Definately a great place to stop! They also serve breakfast until 1:30 in the afternoon! Breakfast if the best meal, I think, to get there and we've never had bad service!

• Visited March 2013
Maine
“Awesome place to stop and eat.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had the best dinner here, steak was cooked perfectly and tasted so wonderful, flavor great and just melted in our mouths, this is a must have as is the chili, homemade and just the perfect taste, flavor, and amount of zing! Matt was our waiter and was very nice, personable, and gave us that great homey feeling while in there. Thanks Matt ! I would go back again! May seem a bit pricey for some but well worth it. A must try at least once in your life!

Visited February 2013

Been to Cowboy Cafe? Share your experiences!