“Very nice accommodations and friendly staff”

Twin Pines Lodge And Cabins
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Dubois
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were six motorcycles on a trip to Yellowstone and stayed at the Twin Pines Lodge and Cabins for one night. The facility was extremely clean, beds comfortable and the atmosphere in the lodge was very relaxing and quiet. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nkentiv

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Face it; we get in a rut because we do the same things over and over. America has become a society of franchises. We have gotten placid and we are afraid to try new things. Twin Pines is a lovely small motel and cabin complex that offers historic structures and a unique setting. Family operated with lots of love and care.

Room Tip: This place has no elevator and steep steps to the second floor.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in a cabin, which was simple but clean and nicely decorated. The king-size bed was so comfortable and after a day of hiking and driving, we appreciated that! The shower seemed newly-renovated and clean. The staff was friendly and welcoming, both at check-in and breakfast the next morning. The breakfast was much better than the typical "continental breakfast" - the coffee was local and very good. There was a variety of fruit, yogurt, cereal, even oatmeal. We met some very interesting and friendly people at breakfast in the main room of the lodge, because it was a casual and welcoming environment. We only stayed one night, but wished we could have stayed more. We felt it was a good way to experience the quiet West when compared to the crowds at Jackson Hole.

Room Tip: Our cabin was close to the street, but mid-week it was quiet. For the weekend, a cabin located more...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was reserved for me by a client that hired me for a-speaking engagement, and when I arrived past small-town bedtime, I picked up the lobby phone to ask for late check-in. The lady that answered and appeared 5 seconds later was cheerful and had everything ready for me. The room was nice and very clean. There was a big whirlpool tub and a small portable window fan was on blowing fresh air into my room. Nice quiet night.

A pleasant lady accepted my key as I left. The building is old, which is wonderful and rustic. There was not a comfortable office chair and desk in my room, so this place would not work for me as a quiet weekend getaway for catching up on office work, but I definitely recommend it to the middle class traveler. I loved it and will be back!

Room Tip: Depending on who is above you, squeaky floors could be loud ... chat as you reserve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ShootInJH
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The room were very comfortable, clean and well furnished with modern conveniences. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was average for a motel. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay there again if I was going thru Dubois.

Room Tip: Try to get a cabin that is not too close to the street even though the traffic noise dies off about...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zned
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Twin Pines for many years and absolutely love the atmosphere. The cabins are quaint but spacious and a bit updated....but not to much. We like to know that we are "in the west". The continental breakfast is filled with specialty breads, greek yogurt, cereals and delicious coffee made in Jackson, Wyoming. The owners and staff are all so gracious and very helpful with explaining where to go in or around Dubois. You must get off the road to see the prettiest sites! The continental breakfast is served in the historical lodge. This is a must to see! Even if you are not staying in Dubois, stop by the lodge and take a look. I am sure you will be impressed, we were!

Room Tip: You can choose a cabin or the lodge.
1  Thank Deb408prancer
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been going to Wyoming for many years and have found that Twin Pines is a great destination for enjoying the many breath taking features of the Wind River Valley or a good place to stay overnight en route to the Teton and Yellowstone national parks or to see the other many attractions in the area. The lodge and log cabins exemplify an authentic western spirit having been built many years ago. The clean facility is well managed and maintained, the rooms are quite large and comfortable and they serve a delightful continental breakfast with a plentiful amount of good coffee and a variety of fruit, yogurt, cereals and pastries. It is a wonderful place to bring children.