“```````”
Review of T Cross Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
T Cross Ranch
Ranked #8 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dubois
Logan, Utah
“```````”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I didn't think places like this still existed. It's a step back in time, from the old (but very clean and well-maintained) cabins to the cowboy charm that permeates the place. The scenery is unbelievable and the staff does a great job of customizing activities to different age groups, skill levels, and interests.

Of course, the horses are the most important part of a trip like this. The T Cross herd is large, and they do an amazing job of matching horses and riders. Wildlife is abundant, and in a truly wild, natural setting (not like the half-tame animals you see in Yellowstone). We loved fishing in the high country and hope to go back for a pack trip someday.

The atmosphere is great. You become friends with everyone there, and I think it speaks volumes to note how many guests are return business, with many of them having made multiple visits to the ranch over the years. The food is incredible, every need is immediately met, and you reach a level of relaxation that's hard to achieve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Once you make your way up the valley and through the gate, you'll never want to leave. I just spent my honeymoon here, and my wife and I had such a fabulous time. We'd wake up each morning to stunning mountain views, enjoy some home-cooked breakfast and hit the trails. The staff are wonderful, the horses are beautiful, and the scenery can't be beat. Every day is its own adventure bookended by the luxury of Dylan's cooking and your own woodstove. There's no better way to get a taste of the west!!!

South Jordan, UT
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My first time at a guest ranch, and I lucked out and picked the perfect spot. The accommodations were cozy and comfortable and the food divine. But the best part was the 1/2 day and all day rides. Breathtaking scenery, wildlife in abundance, the rides and horses fit any experience from the 1st time rider to the guest who have been coming back year after year. I loved my time at the T Cross and will be coming back again next year. Gretchen and Mark the owners are authentic and genuine in their desire to exeed each and every guests expectation. I made friends (human and horses) to last a life time.

1 Thank SallyHSouthJordan_UT
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I wouldn’t call myself a “country” girl. Sure, I like camping and “experiencing” the outdoors, but I like camping with blow up air mattresses, for one night only, and in places with cell phone service.

At T Cross Ranch we were certainly not roughing it. My mother, my sister, and I enjoyed the ruggedly picturesque cabins with wood burning fireplaces in each room, hot showers, comfortable beds, and doors which opened to the rushing river, beautiful mountains, and calm serenity of a world untouched.

Every morning I would roll out of bed into my cowboy boots and head over to breakfast, where ranch guests would be sharing their stories from the night before (like who won the game of 99) and eating great food by the warm fireplace. Plans for the day would be exchanged over coffee, and relationships were started over homemade biscuits and eggs.

While some guests went fishing or for hikes, for those of us looking for a longer trail ride, sack lunches were provided. The wranglers knew almost every inch of the mountain and surrounding area as if they had their own built in GPS systems. The horses were chosen for guests based on rider experience and, as a result, Blue and I became good friends. My mom’s horse, Superman, soon became the favorite child in our family. Also, much to my excitement I discovered cell service on trail rides and managed to send a few messages to my friends letting them know that yes, in fact, I was riding a horse. What was even more astounding than me on a horse was the view once we reached the end of our rides. The vistas and the deafening quiet of the world were indescribable.

At the end of the week all the guests enjoyed a gymkhana, complete with a shovel race, which my mom and Superman won. We also all had a fun time square dancing at a local Dubois establishment.

Despite my reservations about spending a week on a ranch without cell phone service, it was a great experience for me and my family. T Cross ranch is a 4 star ranch at a 5 star location, you can’t beat that.

3 Thank GoWolves5
PA
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We were fortunate enough to book a few days at the T Cross ranch on the suggestion of a good friend. The ranch is located in Dubois (dew-boys) Wyoming about 2-3 hours out of Jackson Hole. It is 15 miles down a dirt road and not well marked until you get closer to the ranch. We were able to book a partial week because they had openings but this is rare. The cabins are incredibly clean, but rustic. You have a wood stove or fireplace which heats it up quickly and the beds are very clean and comfortable. When i say clean, i mean immaculate. The staff was attentive and friendly and we did two trail rides a day. The stream was very high with snow melt and some of the trails were still closed on July 4th due to snow. We did not fish but it looked like a great place to do so if the river was a bit lower. The horses were well cared for and well behaved. We have done dude ranches in the past and enjoy the smaller ranches where you can have a closer relationship with the staff and feel as though you are visiting friends, not staying in a hotel. My 11 year old son can not wait to go back. They took a real interest in him and in teaching him to ride and were appreciative when we tried to help out.

This is an ideal place for riders, for families and for people who want quiet! No blackberry receptioin, no cell phones. The people in town could not have been friendlier as well.

3 Thank rysdale
Providence, RI
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My family (2 daughters ages 9 and 13) spent a week at this ranch.

We've never stayed at a dude ranch, so we didn't know what to expect, especially being from the East Coast. The drive to get to the ranch was about 15 miles over dirt roads - if you come here, I would highly suggest renting an SUV as some of the roads are almost impassable in a car. Whatever you do, do not try driving on those roads with a sports car!

The ranch itself is perfectly fine. All guests stay in cabins scattered through the property. This place is old, so all the cabins floorboards creak and groan when you walk on them. None of the cabins have heat except for fireplaces or woodstoves. We were there early in the season, so it was cold (40s) at night, so we used them. There is no TV or telephones, so make sure you bring plently to do.

They provide twice daily horseback riding and the kids loved it. I fished throughout the week on the river, which the ranch stocks with brown and rainbow trout.

The meals are great and the chef will make every effort to satisfy the guests. I'm one of the very few vegetarians the ranch has, but he always gave me options.

The pace of life is different than what I'm used to, but this place forced me to relax, which was nice,

The owner of the ranch, Gretchen, always ate with the guests and was always around.

On Tuesdays, the town has square dancing and on Friday, there is a Rodeo - both were fun to do.

10 Thank gbtour