“Scott & Pat Our dream vacation - Realized and Beyond”
Review of T Cross Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
T Cross Ranch
Ranked #8 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dubois
Wadsworth, OH
“Scott & Pat Our dream vacation - Realized and Beyond”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wanted to visit a dude ranch for the last 4 or 5 years but my wife was hesitant. We took the plunge this year and the T-Cross Ranch exceeded all of our expectations. The food was 5 star,(cudos to Jay), the service and interaction with the staff was professional and friendly and very attentive, the cabins were clean and very comfortable, and the family atmosphere with the other guests, (both rookies and veterans), made for the best vacation we have ever had. Our horses were matched to our abilities and the views as we took our half and full day rides were unbelievable. Would I recommend it to others ? Oh yes ! But don't take my spot because we plan on returning next year. Pat and Scott M

Room Tip: All rooms are in log cabins. I would choose the room with the fireplace. It's so nice to drift...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are looking to get away from it all T Cross Ranch should be on the top of your bucket list. What an amazing and authentic place ! The entire staff goes beyond the beyond to make you feel part of the ranch family. The ranch hands T Cross are real cowboys and know their stuff. The trail riding each day was breathtaking with each turn,hidden meadow, stream and vista. Each morning my daughter would step out onto our front porch and have to pause to soak in the view of the meadow in front of us and the mountain backdrop before heading to breakfast and we would do the same before turning in each night after I made a fire in our fireplace. I am so happy I did my research to find the perfect match for our experience. I keep coming back to the word "authentic" to describe T Cross to friends and family. I could not have been happier with our experience from beginning to end. We will be planning our next trip ( and bringing friends) very soon ! We can't wait to get back !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott B
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this Ranch so much, it's been two weeks and we're still mourning that we had to leave. IT was the most beautiful place we've ever seen. The accommodations were wonderful, comfortable with down comforters and plush towels. The food was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. Home-cooking at it's best! Not a single thing we didn't like. The food was as good as a 4 star hotel! Delicious! Plus the service was above par... They learned our names in the first day and really made us feel like we were at our home away from home! The wranglers were real cowboys and gave us a real western experience. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carl-Rebecca S
Sharon, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I loved my time at the ranch! It was all the riding you could ask for! The cabin was cozy and clean, the food was outstanding! The staff was spectacular. Your every wish was their command. They were mostly young people, but polite and very attentive. The wranglers were awesome. They really knew what they were doing. They picked out our horses and they were right on the money. I really enjoyed every ride, where ever we went. Thank you Gretchen and Mark for sharing your beautiful ranch and awesome views with me. I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen T
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I have been to several ranches and this is not just “one of the best”… it the “THE BEST” – and that applies to the accommodations, meals, activities, and the staff that make it all possible. The accommodations are rustic, yet nicely furnished and very comfortable – especially after a hard day’s ride. I have horses and ride regularly at home in the East, but nothing compares to these rides. After several trips to the T Cross, there’s always something new to see and the wrangler staff does a great job in finding new adventures. Of course, not everyone is an expert rider, and Mark and Gretchen take great pains to match horse, rider, and wrangler with the week’s rides. And the food… great! Awesome hot breakfast (much more than I ever have at home), hot sandwiches and soup for lunch, and wonderful dinners (with appetizers at happy hour and too much dessert!), followed by watching the sunset on the porch. But don’t worry – you don’t gain too much weight – you’re too active for that to happen. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the young people on staff – wranglers, servers, and housekeeping. Rarely do you see young people today with such character, manners and respect for others. It’s a real joy to be around the people at T Cross - we enjoy it every chance we get. Mark and Cathy T.

Room Tip: We.ve only stayed in one cabin, but have "peeked" in all of them. All are such great examp...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark T
tennessee
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We will be returning to the T-Cross for our 5th summer. My husband and I think about this trip all year and can't wait until the time arrives. The first time I came to the T-Cross I had never been on a horse and was scared to death. I was given private lessons and one on one with my wrangler and did great. My horse "Moon"is wonderful and carried me safely through all the beautiful trails and mountains. I did not expect to ride but now look forward to riding every year. The wranglers take great pride and caring for the guests and treat you like family and all the horses are all excellent. I have nothing but praise for the wranglers and they have a great responsibility in keeping everyone safe on the rides. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff, our wonderful cook and everyone would do anything you asked. Gretchen and Mark make you feel so at home that you feel like crying when you have to leave. My husband loves to shoot and they will take you anytime to do this. Many guests enjoy this sport but I just like watching them. Beautiful hiking trails and wildflowers abound the area. I always worry about weight gain when I go to the ranch because the food is excellent. Both my husband and I love the seclusion,
beauty and peace of the ranch. We have stayed in various cabins and each and everyone is unique and charming. I would recommend the T-Cross to everyone and we think its heaven on earth.

Room Tip: No bad cabins
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suehbtennessee
Ramona, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first dude ranch experience. Nice kitchen staff, but wranglers, other than the head wrangler, were quite arrogant. Overall the ranch doesn't cater to someone who actually knows how to ride. It's head-to-tail trail riding every day except for the gymkhana events one morning. There was a shooting range, but even though my husband expressed interest, no one bothered to offer to take him there. No one offered to help anyone try to learn roping, although there were practice ropes laid out and plastic cow heads. The wranglers were cracking bullwhips and excluded the guests. It may partially be due to my high expectations, but I ended up extremely disappointed. A host offering a "laid-back" vacation is fine, but this seemed to cross the line into the "we're not all that interested in making your vacation special" experience. The food was pretty good, the cabins rustic but okay. The best part was the scenery, although 1/3+ of the trees have been affected by some kind of pine beetle and are brown. For someone who has never ridden before or been exposed to this kind of lifestyle, I imagine it's amazing, but for me it just wasn't great.

Room Tip: This has nothing to do with the room, but if you're a good rider, LET THEM KNOW AHEAD OF TIME, a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple