“This is heaven on earth”
Review of T Cross Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubois
T Cross Ranch
Ranked #8 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Dubois
Greenville, North Carolina
“This is heaven on earth”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The T Cross Ranch is the best vacation I've had in years. The horses and trail rides are breathtaking, the meals and accomodations are wonderful, and the staff is amazing! If you're looking for the perfect get-away, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Last year i had some of the best fishing of my life on Horse Creek, a walk across the pasture from my cabin. The T Cross has good horses, good food and an atmosphere that welcomes and appreciates all sorts of people.

I've met people who don't ride and don't fish who return to the ranch regularly to relax and get their batteries recharged. In a region of abundant natural beauty and open spaces, the T Cross still rates superlatives for its setting and its old fashioned charm.

Drive through that gate. Feel yourself calm down. It works.

6 Thank btmb1950
Bernardsville
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Never having ridden a horse before, my family entered into this week long vacation with a bit of excitement and anticipation. It turned out to be the best vacation we have ever had. The accommodations were fantastic, the food spectacular, the wranglers awesome, the scenery breathtaking. Everyday was a new adventure with the care and attention to our every need met by the owners and the wranglers. We went with another family. There were 10 of us with 6 teenagers. The T-Cross was perfect for us. Although they do have wireless internet, there is no cell phone service or TV which made our vacation even better!! It was wonderful. The kids were having fun socializing, playing games, and riding. Our days were full, and wonderful. The electronics were never missed. They learned how to shoot a rifle, fly fish, ride, and care for the horses. They had fun square dancing and swing dancing. The rodeo was a totally fun evening giving us a whole different respect for horses.
We went on full and half-day rides to the most breathtaking places. Packing a lunch for a full day ride, we would rest on the edge of a beautiful lake to eat ( and even nap) with the mountains all around us. It was so peaceful and inspiring. We highly recommend the overnight ride to Five Pockets. A highlight to our trip.
We enjoyed the company of the other guests at the ranch and became close with many of them.
The only thing we wished for ..... more hours in the day.
If you are planning a trip to a guest ranch, the T-Cross is it!! Look no further.

2 Thank pmcBernardsville
preston
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Living on a farm in Idaho, we didn't think we would be in for much of a change. However when we rounded the corner into Dubois we knew we were in for a treat. The scenery was amazingly beautiful!!! We were greeted with a friendly staff that made us feel right at home. The food was incredible(I think my husband and i both gained 5 lbs, our fault for eating seconds and thirds)
The cabins were comfortable and clean, and romantic with the fireplace in the master bedroom.
The horse-rides were fun and relaxing. I have to admit I was nervous about my 8 year old twins riding by themselves. The wranglers were incredibly skilled and had them riding like pros. It was fun to watch their confidence grow as they rode each day.
It was the perfect family vacation. No distractions, just time to relax and enjoy being with each other. The day of our departure came way too quickly. We left with many new friends, and can't wait to return.
I think our twins summed it up when I overheard one of our twins tell their friends, "It was better than Disneyland!"

Logan, Utah
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I didn't think places like this still existed. It's a step back in time, from the old (but very clean and well-maintained) cabins to the cowboy charm that permeates the place. The scenery is unbelievable and the staff does a great job of customizing activities to different age groups, skill levels, and interests.

Of course, the horses are the most important part of a trip like this. The T Cross herd is large, and they do an amazing job of matching horses and riders. Wildlife is abundant, and in a truly wild, natural setting (not like the half-tame animals you see in Yellowstone). We loved fishing in the high country and hope to go back for a pack trip someday.

The atmosphere is great. You become friends with everyone there, and I think it speaks volumes to note how many guests are return business, with many of them having made multiple visits to the ranch over the years. The food is incredible, every need is immediately met, and you reach a level of relaxation that's hard to achieve.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Once you make your way up the valley and through the gate, you'll never want to leave. I just spent my honeymoon here, and my wife and I had such a fabulous time. We'd wake up each morning to stunning mountain views, enjoy some home-cooked breakfast and hit the trails. The staff are wonderful, the horses are beautiful, and the scenery can't be beat. Every day is its own adventure bookended by the luxury of Dylan's cooking and your own woodstove. There's no better way to get a taste of the west!!!

Stayed June 2011
South Jordan, UT
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My first time at a guest ranch, and I lucked out and picked the perfect spot. The accommodations were cozy and comfortable and the food divine. But the best part was the 1/2 day and all day rides. Breathtaking scenery, wildlife in abundance, the rides and horses fit any experience from the 1st time rider to the guest who have been coming back year after year. I loved my time at the T Cross and will be coming back again next year. Gretchen and Mark the owners are authentic and genuine in their desire to exeed each and every guests expectation. I made friends (human and horses) to last a life time.

1 Thank SallyHSouthJordan_UT