“Clean and affordable!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Douglas
Newcastle, Wyoming
“Clean and affordable!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here for about 2 months, and loved it. Not only where the rooms clean but they where very affordable to. They have nice new flat screen HD tvs, mini fridge and microwaves in the room. Staff was very friendly, and helpful if I had questions or concerns. Which it seems like you don't get that very often any more. Also I really liked the fact that the motel was located just right off the interstate, and across the street from a truck stop that serves good food! All in all I was very pleased with my stay here and plan on coming back time and time again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank stayoverguru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lovell, Wyoming
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It has been bitterly cold the last two times we have stayed at this motel! We have walked into a room that is already warm and oh, my, what a treat that is! The beds, covers and pillows are out of this world..TV could be a bit better but no biggie for we seldom have time to watch much of it and they only can get what is available at a decent price.
We have stayed at this motel for about 14 years when in the area and need a place..shampoo leaves the hair just beautiful and the soap is good for the skin. We had a fridge that kept things cool and nice and a microwave but the latter did not work for whatever reason.

I do believe that they could do a better job on the bathtub...just would take a little elbows grease and some Lemon Soft Scrub to do it up beautifully, wipe out the window ledge. They could sanitize the whole place, such nice, large rooms, just by using white vinegar and water to shine up the chrome and take away the build up of the water; then do the mirrors, they would clean up so much faster and this procedure SANITIZES as it goes...must leave 20 minutes in the commode however...but overall, we will keep going back...fair prices to and caring people always!!!!

Room Tip: There is o fitness center nor pool, but if weather is agreeable, there is a nice hike available just...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Garp2014
Douglas, Wyoming
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Shelly who manages the 1st Interstate is very accommodating and a pleasure to deal with The rooms are clean and everything works. I have stayed here several times, as long as I am working in this area I will continue to stay here

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dennis R
Roundup, Montana
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were traveling from Texas to Montana. Our stay in Douglas was terrible. All motels were sold out except for this one. So, we paid way too much for an unfit room. All we can say is that the linens and towels were clean. Everything else was either broken or dirty. We even felt bad letting the dog sleep on the carpet. There was only 1 working lamp out of three - the other 2 were broken. There was a tile missing on the bathroom floor. The toilet ran off and on. The fridge had ice build-up, so what was in it got frozen. We are motel managers, and try to give the little non-chain motels a chance. Drive on 50 more miles to Sheridan. Pay a little more to get a better room that is not across the street from a truck stop. Might explain the condom in the parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank njmgrneyes

Travelers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had the pleasure to spend several nights at this motel. Shelly and her staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfy. I'm glad that I stayed and will definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank non_haff_blonde
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times, and because of my last experience I will never stay here again. I chose this location because it is so much cheaper than the other hotels, besides it is the only hotel that has rooms available. (that right there should be a sign that it is far under par as far as conditions) I had gotten to know several members of the staff since this was my home at least 7 days a month. After my last visit I witnessed something that no guest should ever have to see. After seeing a very severe altercation between manager and another employee I was not only upset that it had happened but disgusted that the manager (Shelley I believe her name is) was proud about getting in such a bad fight with one of her employees.
The place is far from clean, needs lots of work, and obviously needs a new manager.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DeanWaters
peoria
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a high school graduation gift for my 17 year old son, we were planning a hunting trip
near Douglas, Wyoming. Not knowing the area, we began researching and came across the First Interstate Inn. After reading some reviews, we decided to contact the Inn and spoke with Shelly. We requested a non-smoking room and found it to be so. What a treat to get to know Shelly. I'm sure she sees all kinds and she immediately made us feel welcome. All we really needed was a place to sleep. However, a good sleep has become more important to me over the years. The beds were very comfortable... more so than many "chain" hotels I've stayed in over the years. The pillows were thick and comfortable, the water was nice and hot, Even when we told Shelly we were going to pick up some plastic bags to put our dirty hunting clothes in, we came back a little later and found several large plastic bags on the bed for our use. We had a great time, Thanks Shelly!

Room Tip: If you tell Shelly what you are trying to accomplish, she will help you!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends