“Have stayed here numerous times over the past 4yrs.”

First Interstate Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Douglas
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Have stayed here numerous times over the past 4yrs.”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I usually don't write reviews. However, I've stayed at this particular motel numerous times while traveling for business. Even stayed long term (more than 3mos) at one time. This unassuming property on the out skirts of Douglas, is one of the most accommodating motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. While it may not be much to look at, don't let that detour you. From the manager Shelly, to any one on staff, they are all willing to help with any thing you may need.

The property has under gone some renovations since I 1st started staying here. New furnishings, coffee makers, blow dryers, iron/ironing board all make the stay much more comfortable.

For the price you can't go wrong. I found you can pay more at other properties in town, but you won't get as good of service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mchllkoch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Devils lake ND
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was traling from MT to NM and it was getting late so I decided to stop for the night and get an early start the next morning. I pulled off the interstate and stopped at the first motel I came across. I was approached by a desk clerk who actually had a sense of humor and was quoted a reasonable rate so I took the room, when I entered the room it was clean and looked welcoming. I ended up having to call the front desk because something was wrong with the heater in my room the desk came over immediatley to take care of the problwm there was no problem I'm just not very smart. So if you are traveling and need a good nights stay at reasonable prices I would reccommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank daddysgirl98
Clanwilliam, Manitoba
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Travelling north up I-25, we were going to turn off at Orin and head for Deadwood. My wife was getting tired of the car so it being about 8pm I decided to continue on to Douglas for the night and backtrack to Orin in the am. We had been to Casper a few times but never Douglas so we didn't know the layout. On arrival, I had stopped at the Motel 6 first, but they had some odd policy that if you didn't have a reservation you couldn't get a room. I'm guessing there is quite a bit of oil exploration in the area.

Being accompanied by our little dog limited our options so we went across the road to the First Interstate. The lobby was a curious mixture of business and living quarters and the lady behind the desk was feeding a baby. I was immediately a bit leery since we have stayed in some other pretty funky places but this was new. We got our room and I would have to say it wasn't too bad notwithstanding the experiences of some of the other commenters which I was unaware of at the time! Room 115 as I recall, fridge and microwave,etc. We had an OK night and left in the am as planned. If I had to do it all over I would have driven through and stayed at Lusk since they seemed to have a decent selection of accommodations there. I'll know for next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BHP1
DOUGLAS WYO
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Frequent travelers. Stayed in many hotels due to sports and business. NEVER EVER I REPEAT HAVE I EVER HAD SUCH A DISGUSTING ROOM. the order, dried up tooth paste and other unknown substances in sink and toilets. paint peeling, black stuff growing on baseboards. Someone spilled something in fridge and l left over beers, dirty microwave. I'm a grown man and had a hard time opening and closing doors. Couldn't sleep under covers was afraid of what was under there. waking up often over the night due the the horrific smell. To uncomfortable to ask for another room or ask for someone to come clean this room. Walking in to the filthy lobby would explain why especially after seeing and talking to manager/owner. Had no choice to stay here due to the fact that there was a tournament in town and the only place which had rooms. If you have a family DO NOT STOP, KEEP GOING.!!! 5 stars for the WORST PLACE TO STAY!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mnm4ever

Travelers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Wyoming
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We were forced to stop in Douglas during a road closure and at a truck stop we were told the highway patrol was not going to open the road until the next morning. This was 2:00 p.m. We were told to find lodging for the night or return to Casper. I went to the 1st Interstate Inn and got a room. I went back to the truck stop to get my 76 year old mother and was told they had opened the road. I returned the key to the office and told they didn't give refunds. I had the key a whole 20 minutes, never stepped foot into the room and was charged $48.59. What a rip-off.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank msgmom1
Denver
Reviewed July 19, 2007

My friends and I were returing to Denver from a road trip to South Dakota. It was getting late and we decided to stop for the night in Douglas. WY. Something must have been going on in town that night because the Holiday Inn Express, Best Western and Super 8 were all booked. We were told about some "other" motels on the other side of town, so we drove over to check it out. From the outside, the First Inerstate Inn looked like the best of the "other" motels. What we got after checking in was mix-matched dated furniture that looked like pieces found at a GoodWill, badly stained/worn carpet, used paper napkins stuffed in a drawer, a shower head that spit water, long hair in the sink, and a mattress on one of the beds had a tear completely around one side of it. On the plus side, the sheets and pillow cases were clean, as were the supply of towels, and unit had new microwave & mini fridge, and working air conditioner and TV. The woman in the office said that they just purchased the property.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends