$149
$100
$114
$91
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2015

CJ and I arrived after dark in Douglas, road weary to the point of near-exhaustion from a 400+ mile, multiple stops drive that originated in North Dakota. Finding the mid-level motels sprouting no vacancy signs or demanding exorbitant rates, we opted for the Four Winds. The nice lady at the desk had quoted a rate of just fifty bucks over the phone, so we were more than a bit apprehensive. It turned out just fine, and we even had something of an adventure. Road construction forced us to take a circuitous route to the Four Winds that involved driving from a side street through several adjacent parking/curbside areas to connect with the motel parking lot. It’s really not that difficult, just highly irregular. To tell the truth, it was whoop-de-doo fun!

This is a small, old-fashioned ma and pa motel, but it’s reasonablyclean and there are some nice amenities. The lady tending the small, cluttered office is super-friendly and SO happy to greet guests who’ve negotiated the tricky access to get a bargain rate. Our room (number 4) was quite spacious and had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and flat screen TV. The mattresses are very comfy. The free WiFi is speedy and secure (get the password at the office). Don’t expect all kinds of other frills. You’ll get only one room key, and it’s the old fashioned kind. Don’t forget to stock your travel kit, because the shampoo you’ll get here comes in little envelopes and the bath soap is truly tiny.

There is no complimentary breakfast, nor should any be expected at this bargain rate. Meals, snacks, and adult beverages are available across the street at the Plains Trading Post Restaurant and Lounge. Walking across the street to get there is apparently illegal because of the road construction hazards, so you are supposed to take the long way around. Not everyone takes the long way around.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2015 via mobile

Hard to know what to say. Clean, had what we needed, sort of. Very old and worn. Small bathroom, small commode. Okay for one night and the price was right compared to everything else in town. Good idea to have your shampoo and soap. Bars of soap were smallest I have ever seen. A/C worked well which is always a plus. Just not sure how they got the rating they did.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2015

Ok, so its not a fancy hotel, but in Douglas WY, there isn't much I would consider fancy. However, this little place fit the bill for our tired bodies after a day of travels. Beds were fairly comfortable, had a selection of different firmness pillows, had the air conditioning on already for us (as it was warm and muggy out), sheets were clean as were the towels. No one ran out of hot water during the shower fest of 4 adults. I would stay here again if I was passing through Wyoming. Price was great compared to other motels in the area.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

I almost stayed at one of the large hotels at the edge of Douglas but this place has a retro appeal. When I checked in and the owner told me the price for a night I became concerned that the room would be a dump. My concern was wrong. The room was very nice! This place is a great value and the restaurant across the street is great also!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2015

Just your basic "ma & pa" motel. Called them for directions and she was very courteous. Check in was just fine...he didn't have much to say but was not rude. If I had any complaint which is a bit petty...a little heavy on the air freshener. the first time I ever seen a time release air freshener in the room. I was in the beginning stages of getting sick/flu/cold so it may not have been as bad as I thought. Anyway...I will stop by here if and when I am thru Douglas, Wy again.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo