“Sleeping on the Job.”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Douglas
Billings, Montana
“Sleeping on the Job.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently passed through Douglas and stayed at the Holiday Inn. For the most part it was a great: My room was fantastic, the breakfast staff was amazing and during the day the staff members in the lobby were great. However everything seemed to change once night fell. I came back to the hotel rather late and tried calling down to the front desk for a wake up call. After not receiving an answer, I headed down to the front desk and figured I'd wait for the night clerk. Much to my surprise and chagrin the gentleman (Nick if his name plaque has any value) was sleeping on the couch in the lobby. In much frustration I stormed back to my room. Morning came and I expected things to go back to the same good flow as before. Again I was let down as the same clerk who I had found sleeping in the lobby the night before was letting off a mouth that would even put a sailors mother to shame. I can see why they put him as a night clerk due to his lack of respect and responsibility, however he is still a representation of the Holiday Inn and even though the majority of the stay was great, He ruined what had seemed to be a promising trip. Sadly I can not say I will be staying at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Randy S
braehead26, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Douglas, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Randy S.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and the compliments you gave us. We are terribly sorry that any part of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Douglas was unsatisfactory. Training our staff to provide the upmost quality of customer service is a top priority. For our management team, It is extremely helpful when patrons of our hotel any issues to us in person or with a review. Without your feedback, we might have not been aware of this issue with our night front desk clerk. Again, we want to apologize that you had to be a patron subject to unacceptable staff behavior. Due to your review we have taken actions to seriously reprimand the employee on duty the night of your stay. Additionally, we have notified all of our clerks of this instance and ensured that we have a no tolerance towards the type of behavior you experienced.

We ask that you please contact our management to discuss your issue, so we can ensure that we address it appropriately. Please call us at 307.358.4500 to discuss.

Best Regards,

Holiday Inn Express Douglas Management Team=

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 with 3 adults and 2 kids. The "Kid Suite" is a great option. The main bedroom has a king bed, reading chair/ottoman, and 2 desks plus microwave and mini-fridge. Then there is a second bedroom with two twin beds, specifically decorated for kids. We added a roll-away bed to the room for the 3rd adult. Being able to have lights on in the parents' bedroom after the kids go to bed is such a treat!!!! The upgrade price to go from a normal room to the Kid Suite wasn't much ($30?) - way cheaper than adding a second room.

The swimming pool was an excellent temperature - warm enough to spend time playing in it without freezing.

The Yellowstone River is right out the door of this hotel - kids spent hours playing in and near the river - digging in the sandbar, wading, skipping rocks, etc. There's also a playground a block away.

In general, I was shocked at the room prices all over Douglas, but the Kid Suite made it very comfortable to fit all 5 of us in a single room.

Room Tip: I believe there are only two kid suites.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The hotel is very clean, above average for Wyoming. What makes this place a great place to stay? The employees are awesome! I have treated me like family. They are good people who would do anything to make you feel at home. They go out of their way to help you anyway they can.
I have left things in my room that really would have cost me financially. They have mailed and/or held my personal items at the front desk.

If you want a safe and clean place to stay, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: For the best internet connectivity try to get in the middle of hotel. Pleasure only? The suite with...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary Ann R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I travel for work...ALOT! But it was great to find a hotel that I would be comfortable in; especially In Wyoming. (I'm from Texas @ 50ft. MSL) Everyone on staff was so courteous and welcoming; especially the front desk team!!! Last last room I had was upgraded with a new and much more comfortable mattress. They have a great listing of cable channels available. The ONLY issue I had was the computer and printer in the business center; it needs just a tad bit updating. There is a nice indoor pool and fairly decent gym. There is a local grocery store and Safeway in town if you prefer to buy groceries intsead of fast food. Overall I had a wonderful stay in the state of Wyoming (when it didn't snow) as well as the Holiday Inn Express. I highly recommend for your stay in Douglas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a couch for more room. Also, rooms that face south offer views of the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Wyoming
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Clean rooms typical of most Holiday Inns. If you stay on the side close to the main road it is quite noisy from the vehicles on the road. If you are sensitive to noise get a room away from the road. The price seemed high even with a corporate rate probably due to oilfield workers filling up the rooms. If it were not for noise I'd rate it higher.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road should be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jerome, Idaho
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Upon arrival they had our reservation quick and ready for check in. The rooms are nice, and the price is fair with discount. Good sized and quiet room, but the bed and pillow comfort level could be improved upon. Breakfast was above average for this type of motel. I would recommend to others if you qualify for a discount, and would stay again in the future. I feel the regular price for a room is too high, and would look elsewhere if not for the discount I received.

Room Tip: A room at either end is quiet. Ask to qualify for a discount, as regular price is a little steep.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wheat Ridge, Co
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed overnight on our way back from visiting family. The hotel is new and clean. Our room was very spacious w/king bed and desk plus sofabed with coffee table and square dinette-type table. It had a TV, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, wet bar and just enough outlets to plug in our electronics. Free internet access. The room was quiet, no noise from outside or other rooms. When we checked in at 9pm, the ac had been running and the temp was down to 65 degrees, a little cool for us. Self-serve breakfast buffet included hot entree (omelet, bacon), cereals, rolls & muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt, juices and coffee. Staff was friendly and cordial and gave excellent recommendation for dinner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family